Now you can have your cookies double the size and double the deliciousness in this pizza-formed giant oatmeal chocolate chip cookie!
I feel as though I’m breaking a LOT of rules with today’s recipe. As in I-will-never-ever-be-skinny-as-long-as-I-have-this-stuff-in-my-face kinda rules.
Do my skinny jeans care? Probably.
Do I care? No.
I have a confession to make.—Here goes…..Even though I totally love a slice (or 10) of cheesy cheesy oh-so cheesy pizza, my favorite kind of pizza isn’t savory.
It’s sweet. And it involves cookies. And chocolate.
Are you even surprised? I’m pretty predictable that way.
Shameful, I know. But the truth hurts, and the honest-to-goodness truth is that I could totally make my dinner outta this cookie pizza.
I mean, it has the word PIZZA in it so obviously it is a completely appropriate dinner item. Amiright?!
Don’t answer that. I probably wouldn’t listen anyway. 😉
I just kinda wanna stick my face in this skillet and never ever come out.
I mean, it’s got oats in it, so OBV this is total health food here, people.
Cookie pizzas are totally my newest fav thing for a few big reasons:
We’ve got cookies DOUBLED the size, crammed with tons of chocolate and in PIZZA form?! Um, no.
KIDDING. HOLY TAMALES, YES.
For real, guys. I can’t remember the last time I gorged myself with such awesomeness.
Oh, wait. That was only yesterday…
Seriously, you have NO idea how hard it was to make it through taking photos of this pizza. Little chunks kept “accidentally” breaking off so OBV there was some nibbling here and there.
Why, yes. I will take some milk with that. 😉
Have you guys tried my Chewiest Oatmeal Raisin Cookies yet? I shared the recipe a few weeks ago and then I teased you on IG with a photo of this pizza a few days afterward. Today’s ginormous cookie is based off of that amazing recipe, only we’re making it super-fun-sized and subbing in the chocolate for the raisins.
Raisins, I love you dearly but chocolate needs a spotlight too. Eat-in-two-bites cookies, you’re pretty dang cute but bigger is better. You understand.
If you’ve tried those cookies before, you’re bound to know that today’s cookie pizza is the E-P-I-T-O-M-E of softness and chewiness, loaded to the max with vanilla and a subtle cinnamon flavor, and completely 100% addicting.
This must be love. BOOM. CLAP. The sound in my heart, the beat goes on and on and on and on and on…
BOOM CLAP. You make me feel good, get in MY BELLY get in MY BELLY now.
Okay, I’ll stop. But this pizza DOES make me feel pretty dang awesome.
Makes me want to sing, and trust me you do NOT want to hear that.
I’ll just remedy that problem by stuffing piece after glorious piece of this pizza in moi face.
Problem solved. 😀
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Place butter and sugar in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until creamy. Beat in syrup, eggs, and vanilla until combined.
- In a medium separate bowl, combine flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Add to liquid mixture and beat on medium speed until a dough forms. Mix in chocolate chips. (dough will be quite sticky)
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes. Once dough is slightly firm, press evenly into a greased 10-in cast iron skillet.
- Bake cookie pizza at 350F 20 minutes or until edges just start to turn golden (the middle will still be slightly soft)
- Cool cookie pizza completely on a wire cooling rack before cutting into wedges.