Loaded with big chunks of juicy fresh strawberries and drizzled with melted white chocolate, these ultimately-flaky scones will steal the show at your Mother’s Day brunch!
YIKES. Mother’s Day is on Sunday!! And believe it or not, for like the first time in FOREVER (don’t start singing Frozen puhleeeze) it didn’t sneak up on me!
Read: I didn’t procrastinate planning the brunch menu and didn’t put off buying Mom’s gift until the morning of. Could it be possible that I am growing up a little bit?!
Seriously though, I’m feeling pretty accomplished about this new-found non-procrastination. (a totally brand-newish feeling to me) Believe it or not, I actually did all my gift-shopping and menu-planning LAST Sunday!!
*double fist pump*
And right now you’re probably thinking, who IS this person and what did they do with the REAL, panicky, put-things-off and then run-around-like-a-mad-chicken-with-her-head-cut-off Sarah?
Shall we discuss scones now instead of headless chickens? Yes, I think we should….
I won’t beat around the bush here, guys: These scones are 100% and full-force UN-REAL.
Strawberries. White chocolate. Butter. LOTS of butter.
This is life right here, people.
Truth: these scones are the sole reason I work out every day.
Becauzzzzzzz…..Me + THESE = Nary a shred of self-control. HALPPP.
Juicy fresh strawberries and white chocolate are definitely the shining stars of these scones. The two are total BFFs and I would absolutely go so far as to call these the moistest, flakiest scones I’ve ever had in my life.
So buttery and rich, each bite literally melts in your mouth.
Ooookay, let’s be honest: There’s no slow, polite bites where these scones are concerned. Only face-shoveling and the ever-present thoughts of OH MY GOSH I NEED ANOTHER!
Seriously. You’re gonna want 25 of these.
It’s always a win when something is gorgeous to your eyes AND gorgeous to your tastebuds at the same time, right? These dynamite scones are kinda just that.
The glorious marriage of white chocolate and strawberries are a couple to be reckoned with. I dare ya to only have one of these scones!
Do you hear that? I do believe it’s the angels singing.
Commence drooling and scone face-shoveling in 3…2…1…
Here’s the game plan guys: Make a double batch of these scones, stash half of the batch away for yourself, and then give the rest of them to your awesome mother.
The way I see it is that you’re rewarding your mother for being such an awesome person, AND you’re rewarding yourself for being the legitly awesome scone-bakin, (and scone-takin’) person that you really are.
I really am. My momma said so. 😉
Friends, I REALLY suggest that you make these scones for your dear mother on Sunday. For those of you who actually ARE mothers, well….tape this recipe to your hubby’s/kids foreheads or something and PRAY that they get the hint.
Thank you, moms for everything you wonder-women do! You deserve all the strawberries ‘n’ cream scones in the world. ♥
White Chocolate Strawberries ‘n’ Cream Scones
- 2-1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter cubed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips melted
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, Using your fingers (or a pastry cutter) work in cubed cold butter until mixture is crumbly. In a separate bowl, whisk cream, egg, yogurt, and vanilla until smooth. Pour over flour mixture and gently stir until dough just comes together. Stir in chopped strawberries.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and very gently knead a few times until dough is smooth and non-crumbly. Pat into an 8-in circle and use a very sharp knife to cut round into 8 wedges. Place scones 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake scones at 400F 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let scones cool 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Drizzle scones with warm melted white chocolate and dig in!
More Mother’s Day brunch fare that you’ve just gotta make!