Unbelievably soft inside and loaded with the classic combo of melty white chocolate and buttery macadamia nuts, no one will believe that these cookies are completely butter-free!
Sooooo….this cookie insanity is kinda my protest in the whole 3-weekend-coming-to-an-end-way-too-darn-quickly-thing.
If there’s anything I’ve learned this past weekend, it’s that 3-day weekend are NOT good for the skinny jeans.
Also….uhh who wants a cookie? It’s only Wednesday and you know, if we really wanted to we could totally keep the celebratin’ going on strong through the rest of the week.
At least until we get to Friday and then all bets are off on whether or not batch #5 of these cookies shall be made and devoured.
Or is it batch #6….?
Oh, and just in case you were wondering, yes I am still a food blogger without an oven. Basically I did something kinda selfish and made, tested multiple times, and photographed these cookies umm….3 weeks ago. Back in those glorious days of having a wonderful baking device that we all know as an OVEN and not having to rely on toaster ovens and microwaves to make my dinner.
So there the cookies sat in my drafts folder for 3 weeks gathering dust….alone and forgotten until I FINALLY had the decency to remember a few days ago….. HEY!! Those cookies never got posted!
I swear I’m losing it, guys….geeeeeeeez.
So today I’m taking you on a little trip down the memory lane. Remember these coconut oil cookies a few months ago? Yeeeeeees those babies were quite the popular kid on the block. They practically have a sacred spot in my cookie jar. Today they are getting a wee bit of a makeover.
White chocolate and macadamia nuts are joining the party. Say hi this ever-winning combo. They’re hanging out with the coconut oil cookies today.
If there’s one thing I’ve learned, there is NO reason to mess with perfection. So pretty much all I did to the original recipe for today’s cookies was omit the semisweet chocolate chips, and throw in some white chocolate and macadamia nut insanity.
My gosh, guys….
These cookies just have ZE-RO mercy on a poor cookie-addicted girl. Fresh outta the oven and exploding with gooey white chocolate and crunchy, buttery nuts is an irresistible, cannot-ignore temptation.
One that I cannot control. And I just dare YOU to resist grabbing one (or five) off the sheet within seconds of them coming outta the oven.
Take note, friends: these are my new favorite cookies to date. You know you’ve just hit gold when that happens. I normally love ALL THE COOKIES with equal amounts of love.
No foolin’, guys: this is literal soft-and-chewy, loaded-with-perfection GOLD.
Get that milk ready. You might also want to tell those fat pants to join the party.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Coconut Oil Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut softened (not melted)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Place softened coconut oil and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed 1-2 minutes or until mixture is evenly creamed. Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Add flour mixture to liquid and beat on medium speed until a dough forms. Mix in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator 1-2 hours. (dough may be refrigerated up to 3 days)
- Once dough has chilled, roll dough into 1-in balls and place 2-in apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake cookies at 350F 10-11 minutes or until edges just start to turn golden (middles will still seem very soft---this is ok) Allow cookies to cool 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Enjoy warm while the chocolate is still warm and melty!
Welcome to my cookie addiction…..
Be sure to check out my cookie archives! Beware: May induce drooling.