These mini berry-loaded dessert pizzas are going to be a hit at the 4th of July this year! No one will be able to resist the fudgy brownies, luscious cream cheese frosting, and overload of fresh berries.
I am clearly on a pizza kick right now. Savory pizza yesterday, SWEET 4th of July-style dessert pizza today.
That’s just how we rooooooll on a pre-holiday weekend Friday. Are you ready??!
This right here is what a winner 4th of July dessert looks like. Alongside these beauts of course. 😉 Take your pick. Or better yet make them BOTH!
I’m totally doing that. Overkill? Neveeeeeer. Holiday weekends = Pressing the pause button on calories…thank the looooord because my dining plans this weekend are looking more and more slightly insane.
Insane in totally the best way possible, of course. 😉
I’m bringing the easy stuff your way today: there’s really not much involved in these mini pizzas which makes them the IDEAL last-minute 4th of July dessert if you’re anything like the procrastinator I am.
Confession: I’m still working on my cookout menu for a long weekend with a houseful of family who loves to EAT. Send reinforcements because I’m pretty sure they have plans to chain me to the kitchen or something.
I kid of course but only a little bit. 😉
Okay, I’m dedicating the rest of this post to chat it up about dessert pizza. That’s why you’re really here right? Let’s gooooooooo…
Friends and fellow loyal Americans: dessert on the 4th of July doesn’t get any more fun than mini-style, eat-in-two-bites dessert pizzas. Did you notice that we’ve even got our red, white and blue all covered?? I’m so on it, guys.
Rich, luscious white cream cheese frosting? Check.
Juicy red strawberries? Check.
Big sweet blueberries? Check.
All this piled on top of the fudgiest brownie “pizza crust” you could ever dream of? Tres magnifique. And our work is done here.
Except for uhhh…the actual eating part which doesn’t even require a fork! Use the face your momma gave ‘ya.
*cue uncontrollable drooling.*
It’s really no big secret that I love my brownies around here but these babies? They just got bumped up to the tippy-top of the most-loooooooved list.
I mean, really. Admit that you want these. Your holiday weekend-ers are gonna FLIP over every little ‘thang about ’em.
Sweet patriotic holiday dreams are made of these. You may want to forgo the hamburgers tomorrow and go straight to the dessert table where the SMART people hang out. ♥
Patriotic Mini Brownie Dessert Pizzas
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Sliced strawberries and blueberries
- Prepare the brownies: Preheat oven to 350F. Line a medium cookie sheet with nonstick tin foil. Set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips in a medium saucepan over medium heat until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla and cooled chocolate mixture. Gently whisk in flour, cocoa, and salt until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Bake brownies at 350F 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs sticking to it. (brownies may puff up in the middle---this is ok)
- Cool brownies completely on a wire cooling rack, then use a 4-in biscuit cutter to cut out 15 circles. Set aside while you prepare the frosting.
- Make the frosting: Place cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl. With a handheld electric mixer, beat on medium speed until creamed. Beat in sugar, vanilla and just enough milk to achieve a creamy, spread-able consistency.
- Assemble the pizzas: Spread cream cheese frosting over cooled brownie "crusts" and then generously top with sliced strawberries and blueberries.
- Pizzas are best if enjoyed immediately after assembling. Dig in!
Have an awesome 4th of July, friends!