Loaded with buttery oat streusel on top of silky pumpkin filling, these mini pumpkin streusel pies are the perfect way to get your pumpkin pie fix…in personal-sized form!
So we’re taking Thanksgiving desserts to an entirely different and small-ish level today.
Small in the literal sense but definitely not the metaphorical. Personal-sized is obviously our theme for this year, did you notice that?
You’re probably thinking, Whoa, Sarah has some serious sharing issues. I won’t deny it—I love me some personal-sized pumpkin pie. And personal-sized sweet potatoes. And multiple personal-sized handfuls of these cookies.
Oy. Sharing. I clearly never went to kindergarten.
Howeveeeeeer, we really should get down to business about these pies. Seriously, guys. Mini pies. They’re all.the.rage and currently my obsession right now.
No, really. Big pies, go home. Mini everything once again steals the show. Bam.
So basically, guys, here’s what’s going down here today.
- Basic pie crust (homemade or storebought both work great!) is pressed into 8-oz ramekins.
- Perfectly silky pumpkin pie filling (made from scratch, of course!) goes inside the crust.
- Cinnamon-sugary, buttery, and quite-frankly DRE-AMY oatmeal streusel topping crowns the whole mini pie ‘shabang.
All the madness takes a quickie 30-minute trip to the oven…(half the bake-time of regular pie = win!)
…and then…This. The pumpkin pie heaven, you and I have been waiting for.
Friends, for real. You don’t even need a fork, knife, or plate to eat your mini pie! Just an XXL spoon will do. And maybe an XXL plop of whipped cream on top too? Next time, without a doubt. ♥
And I don’t know about you guys, but my pie life now? = complete.
Suffice to say you probably want these for your Thanksgiving dessert table. And probably every day before and after that. 😉
Single-Serving Mini Pumpkin Streusel Pies
- Pie pastry for one 9-in pie
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter cubed
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease four 8-oz ramekins. Divide pie pastry into 4 portions and roll each portion into a circle to fit into ramekins. Press pastry into the bottom and up the sides of ramekins. Set aside.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, whisk all filling ingredients until smooth. Divide filling between ramekins and gently smooth tops.
- Make the streusel: In a medium bowl, toss all streusel ingredients together, cutting in butter with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle streusel evenly over filling of each ramekin.
- Bake pies at 350F 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool pumpkin pies on a wire cooling rack. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photo #wholeandheavenlyoven on Instagram. And follow me so we can be friends! ♥