Let your fridge make your holiday breakfast for you! Eggnog makes these eggnog cranberry cinnamon rolls so ridiculously soft inside, you may very well eat the entire batch!
If you thought breakfast was crazy yesterday…you ain’t seen nothing yet…
Because these eggnog cranberry cinnamon rolls are changing the WHOLE breakfast game. And cinnamon rolls are now forever changed as we know it.
Speaking of lives being changed…who saw Star Wars this past weekend and LURVED it?? I’ll admit I wasn’t too big a fan of the original movies, judging from the fact that I literally fell asleep on like the third one. (pleaaaaase no judging—it was 2am!) But my brothers insisted that we all had to go see the new movie. So I ended up tagged along and I’m glad I did because the movie was SO good!
And that’s all I’m gonna say because spoilers are the worst thing ever. *zips lips and accidentally loses key *
Also because it’s time to talk about overnight eggnog cranberry cinnamon rolls and that requires your full, undivided attention.
Fat pants at the ready and cinnamon roll game face on. <— Let’s do ‘dis thing!
So. Any cinnamon roll newbie-bakers out there that have always been scared away from homemade cinnamon rolls because of all the time-consuming work it takes? This is the recipe you’ve been waiting for! Why? I’ve compiled a host of reasons…
A: It’s overnight. Make the dough. Let ‘er rise. Form into cinnamon rolls. Pop in the fridge overnight. Bake in the morning. Ba-boom, BAM!
Overnight cinnamon rolls win. Period. I NEVER make cinnamon rolls any other way!
B: There’s eggnog in the dough. Bringing new meaning to the words soft and fluffy. There’s also cranberries. And of course, the classic gooey cinnamon roll swirl we all go for first. And obviously there’s more eggnog in the icing.
C: They’re so dang pretty. I mean, seriously! That beautiful swirl with rosy cranberries peeking out and all that gorgeous icing on top is just total eye candy.
Go chillax with your coffee because you’ve so got this cinnamon roll game in the bag, friends. 😉
In the meantime, I’m planning a legit cinnamon roll faceplant in 3…2…1…
May the force be with you as you go forth and get your cinnamon roll on like the soon-to-be cinnamon roll BOSS you truly are. ??
Overnight Eggnog Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup warm eggnog 110F
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast 1/4-oz package
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons eggnog
- Place warm eggnog in the bowl of a large stand mixer, fitted with a dough hook. Dissolve yeast into warm eggnog and let stand 5 minutes until foamy. Mix in sugar, oil, eggs, salt, and 4 cups flour. Mix on medium speed until a soft dough forms and pulls away from sides of bowl, adding additional flour if needed.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, then place into a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Once dough has doubled, punch down and turn onto a floured surface. Roll into a 12x18 rectangle. Spread butter to within 1/2-in of edges and sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over butter, patting flat. Arrange cranberries over sugar.
- Starting at the long end, tightly roll up cinnamon rolls and pinch edges to seal. Cut into 1/2 to 1-in rolls (you should have about 1 dozen) and place swirl side-up in a greased 12x17 jellyroll pan. Cover cinnamon rolls with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight OR up to 8 hours.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from refrigerator and remove plastic wrap. Bake cinnamon rolls at 350F 20-25 minutes or until a light golden-brown. Cool several minutes on a wire cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk icing ingredients until smooth and drizzling consistency. Spread over warm cinnamon rolls. Let stand 5 minutes then serve cinnamon rolls warm.
Eggnog season is ON! Try these winners!