Made with NO butter or oil and loaded with heart-healthy grains, these frosted breakfast bars make the best grab-and-go breakfast or energy-boosting snack!
Kickin’ Monday’s butt with glaze and multi-grain at the same time! That’s called winning at the breakfast game, friends.
This particular Monday knows zero limits in the amount of breakfast bars that have been deemed reasonable. I’m layin’ down the command that we may ALL stuff our faces with our desired number of these healthy, grain-happy bars.
Yyyesss, ma’am, if a pile of healthy breakfast bars dripping with glaze isn’t the best way to face off your first day back to post-winter break-reality then I just don’t even know what is.
Besides coffee, but that one is usually a given, and the amounts I’m planning on drinking today should probably remain unspoken. Along with the amount of these bars I’ve ALREADY demolished today.
Sidenote about coffee: HOW, you guys, am I going to make it through the long days at school without my espresso machine?? I’ve gotten completely hooked on that thing the past 5 weeks and I don’t even like to let it out of my sight.
Being forced to buy coffee at school is going to be an extremely rude awakening.
So these breakfast bars. I’m putting a label on them called All My Hopes, Dreams, and Desires.
Guys, they’re seriously the breakfast BOMB! Check it out. —>
- No oil or butter.
- No weird ingredients that you have to make a grocery run for.
- 25 minutes from start to finish.
- Ultimately-soft, so gosh-darn chewy, and seriously a texture lover’s DREAM because of all the healthy, make-you-feel-good grains.
- All the glaze dripping down the sides tricks your brain into thinking you’re eating dessert for breakfast.
Rachel absolutely flipped for these bars. She ate like three in the space of a few minutes and then said something along the lines of, “Sarah, you need to make more of those bars because I’m eating them all right now and then they’ll be gone.”
Hey, you heard the five-year old. Obviously I had to make more. Me and my partner then made a solemn pact to share the bars with each other but not with the rest of the family. *evil laugh*
I’m gonna suggest you take our advice. Hoard these and don’t share because they’re just that good. 😉
Frosted Multi-Grain Breakfast Bars
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter or nut butter of your choice
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9-in square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, yogurt, egg, vanilla, and sugar until creamy and smooth. Add oats, chia seeds, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, gently stirring until a thick dough forms (dough will be slightly sticky.
- Spread dough evenly into prepared pan. Bake bars at 350F 20 minutes or until edges just begin to turn golden. Cool bars completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients until a thick glaze forms, adding more milk if necessary. Drizzle glaze evenly over cooled bars and let set 10 minutes before lifting parchment paper-lined bars out of pan and slicing into squares. Enjoy!
Let’s go to easy breakfast TOWN. ♥