Exploding with a warm, gooey chocolate filling, and covered in a tangy raspberry sauce, these stunning chocolate lava cakes are the perfect treat for you and your sweetheart!
There are no limits on the amount of gooey chocolate being thrown in your face today.
No chocolate boundaries either, guys. We take our Fridays SERIOUSLY.
So I have many things to say about these chocolate lava cakes. The first order of business is to let you know that I’m sincerely sorry. Your post-holiday diet is officially over as of the moment you clicked on my blog today.
There’s no time for chocolate-less Fridays anyway. And now that we’ve got all the diet disclosures out of the way, we need to talk about lava cakes. Everything is about the chocolate lava cakes because these are for REAL my life right now.
I mean it, guys. What part of this whole chocolate shebang does not scream LIFE??
Let me explain. We have the lava cakes themselves. Oh, mercy, YES. They’re warm, gooey, ultra-chocolatey, and ultra-wonderful. My life currently revolves around that chocolate lava filling if we’re being honest here. All hail the GOO! —>
Then we have the raspberry sauce. Easy-peasy, three-ingredient tangy raspberry sauce that complements all the rich chocolate in such dreamy ways.
Lots and LOTS of pretty in addition to the staggering amount of yum. *pats self on back*
A sprinkle of powdered sugar and suddenly all is right in our perfect little chocolate worlds.
To eat them all or not to eat them all. That is the question. Your sweetheart would probably love them, but sharing is just so dang hard.
Whew. I’m barely even holding onto my sanity right now, thanks for asking. How are you doing? Mentally calculating how many times you can make these lava cakes in the space of only one weekend?
Yup, I’m right there with you too. ??
Flourless Chocolate Lava Cakes with Raspberry Sauce
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 large eggs plus 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease and flour four 8-oz ramekins. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil until smooth, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, yolks, sugar, milk, salt, and vanilla until smooth. Whisk in melted chocolate mixture until combined.
- Scrape batter into prepared ramekins. Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake chocolate lava cakes at 350F 18-20 minutes. (middles will still be jiggly---this is ok. Do not overbake them!!)
- Cool lava cakes in ramekins 10 minutes, then gently run a knife around edges to loosen. Invert lava cakes onto serving plates and set aside for a moment to prepare the sauce.
- Make the raspberry sauce: In a small saucepan over medium-high, bring raspberries, water, and sugar to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and let cook 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened. Stir in vanilla.
- Serve raspberry sauce warm with warm chocolate lava cakes and dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
More chocolate-y insaneness for your weekend pleasures!