Crockpot chicken breasts cook for hours in an ultra-flavorful garlic sauce that’s amazing over hot pasta or rice! Just throw everything in the crockpot and forget about dinner.
Cozy crockpot comfort food for the WIN on a Monday!! Can I get an amen and a few faceplants??
I’ll go first to show you how it’s done. 😉
In other news, it is now the third week in February so that means it’s time once again for another dinner series! Last month’s theme was pantry essentials, and this time around? It’s clearly all about rockin’ that crockpot! I’m seriously feeling ALL the excitement right now because I have lots of new totally amazing crockpot dinners to share with you this week!
So about this chicken. Guys, do NOT let the title freak you out. Yep, there are indeed 40 little cloves of garlic hanging out in this chicken and you are indeed going to love it for that reason.
The garlic isn’t over-powering in the least bit—it only lends ALL of it’s awesome flavors to the chicken while it slowly cooks and melts away for hours leaving all of it’s garlicky goodness behind to flavor the creamy sauce and the melt-in-your-mouth-tender chicken.
Hello, garlicky heaven. (did I really just say that?)
The only prep work involved in this crockpot chicken is searing the chicken on the stove, making the garlic sauce in the same pan, and then everything gets nestled into the crockpot to slowly cook away on low for about 4-5 hours.
Come to me, comfort food of mine.
My family absolutely loved this chicken and the sauce over noodles, but we’ve also tried it over hot rice and mashed potatoes too with similarly amazing results. It’s also pretty wonderful just straight from the crockpot with a fork if you want to keep things casual. 😉
Really, I think you could put this chicken over a brownie and it would still be amazing. Dessert maybe?
Okay, no. Don’t do that one. My love of brownies would be tarnished forever.
Oh, and while I’m thinking about it, I’m issuing a major garlic breath warning in effect NOW.
Did I mention that this chicken is oh-so worth the fact that you’re going to need like five breath mints afterwards?
Again, garlic is your FRIEND here today. Both to my fellow garlic-freaks and un-garlic freaks alike.
Hummm…so we’re all ready for that Monday faceplant right about now?
Crockpot Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 40 cloves garlic peeled (about 3 heads garlic total)
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot pasta or rice for serving
- Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towls and season with salt and pepper. In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmery. Working in batches, brown chicken 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Transfer seared chicken to a 4-qt slow cooker and set aside.
- Saute onion, and garlic cloves in remaining pan drippings in skillet over medium-high heat until lightly golden and caramelized. Reduce heat to medium and stir in flour. Slowly whisk in wine and chicken broth until sauce is smooth. Bring sauce to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until thickened. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over chicken in crockpot and sprinkle with thyme and parsley. Cook chicken on low heat 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender and registers 165F degrees on a thermometer.
- Serve chicken and garlic sauce hot with pasta or rice. Enjoy!
Try these other easy-peasy chicken dinners next time!