Scrambled eggs get a BIG boost in the flavor department with a rainbow of garden veggies and lots of flavorful pesto!
How do you take your eggs, guys? As of last week, I now only prefer mine loaded to the max with garden veggies, pesto, more veggies, and cheese obviously.
I clearly don’t much care the technique in which the eggs are made—they can be scrambled every time for all I care. I’m only interested in what’s going on IN them.
And I’ve recently decided they must always look like THIS. Like your skillet of scrambled eggs got hit by a rainbow. ♥
Eating the rainbow is IN, guys. It’s also no new business around here lately.
So in an effort to stay well-acquainted with my rainbow side, I decided my eggs needed a color upgrade. Involving of course, every garden veggie I could get my hands, cheeeeeese because you can’t have eggs without it, and flavor-packed pesto. PESTO, guys!
If you’ve never tried pesto in your eggs before, NOW is the perfect time to do it. You will never make your eggs without it again as long as you live. I mean it, it takes all the flavors from ho-hum, to WOO-HOO! Plus it gives the eggs a pretty little green tint. And we all know how I feel about green.
Whenever I make a batch of pesto now, I’ll always stash away a little bit for the sole purpose of scrambled eggs. Okay, a lot. My pesto inventory is in good business currently.
My family loved these eggs like a whoooole lot. I KNOW, I was so not expecting that level of high approval from anti-fun breakfast people. Maybe I’ve actually taught them well!!
In all fairness, guys, regular scrambled eggs now sound officially boring to me when I could have a rainbow in my eggs instead.
So I choose for my face to stay firmly planted in this skillet for the forseeable future.
Garden Veggie Pesto Scrambled Eggs
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large sweet pepper diced
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, saute pepper, onion, and garlic in olive oil until veggies are just tender, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add egg mixture to pan. As eggs begin to set, gently fold eggs with a spatula until eggs are cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Remove eggs from heat and fold in cherry tomatoes, spinach, and pesto. Season eggs with salt and pepper to taste and top with crumbled feta, avocado, and fresh basil. Enjoy eggs hot!
Check out this post for tips on how to make your scrambled eggs the BEST!