You’re only ten minutes and a few “secret” ingredients away from ultra-fluffy, truly-perfect scrambled eggs that you can load up with all your favorite toppings to start your morning off on the right foot!
Hiiiiiiya! Welcome back to the second installment of Kitchen How-To’s! Today is gonna be aaaaall about the eggs. I’m going to show you exactly how to make the perfect pan of scrambled eggs.
For real, guys. These are the scrambled eggs you’ve been waiting for your entire life. Today is the day I share all the scrambled egg SECRETS!
Are you excited?! I am. It’s the little things, guys, the little things. 🙂
Let’s discuss the characteristics of a good batch of scrambled eggs.
- FLUFFY. They’re gotta be ultra-fluffy, and I just so happen to know the secret to getting ’em fluffy every time! (keep reading)
- Easy. Ain’t nobody got time to slave over the eggs on crazy mornings! 10 minutes later and it’ll be time to ring that breakfast gong.
- Loaded up with a plethora of the “egg-tras.” You know the drill: Cheese, fresh avocado…more cheese and more avocado. ♥
We’ll get started by first whisking our eggs with a little magical ingredient I like to call buttermilk. Yeeeeess! This is exactly how we’re get that so-fluffy-I’m-gonna-die scrambled egg texture.
Just a mere 1/2 cup buttermilk is all you’ll need, but it really transforms these eggs into soft, luxurious and oh-my-gosh, DREAMY. I really wouldn’t suggest skipping this crucial ingredient. You can even make your own buttermilk!
Now the pan that you cook your eggs in has gotta be hot. Hot, hot, hot! Heat it up over medium heat with a little bit of oil until the oil is shimmery. Then slowly pour in your thoroughly-beaten egg mixture.
Next comes the waiting game. One of the secrets to getting the best-cooked scrambled eggs is to cook ’em low ‘n’ slow and that’s exactly what we’re doing here. Don’t be tempted to turn up the heat to make them cook faster!
Slooooooow she goes for about 5-8 minutes. Occasionally fold the eggs around with a spatula while they cook, but don’t go crazy with the stirring—we want to keep those SOFT scrambled egg curds!
Once the eggs begin to set, pull ’em off the heat and gently use the spatula to break up the curds a little bit. Season the eggs to your personal preference with salt/pepper and now comes the FUN part!
The egg-stras of course. Pile any and ALL of ’em on. Don’t hold back.
Really, anything goes here. 😉
A few of my personal favorites include….
Diced sweet peppers, sliced avocado, shredded cheese (your favorite kind!) fresh tomato, crumbled cooked sausage, bacon bits, chopped spinach or kale, fresh herbs, ect.
I vote that we pile them all on. Good plan, yes?! Yes.
There you have it friends! All the secrets to perfect scrambled eggs are now in your hands. Now I’m just gonna put it out there and reaaaaally suggest that we all do breakfast-for-dinner tonight, because I donno about you but I’ve got a pretty big scrambled egg craving currently going down here.
Egg cravings = The best kind. Enjoy, friends!
How To Make Perfect Scrambled Eggs
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional egg toppings: chopped spinach tomatoes, sweet peppers, avocado, shredded cheese, ect.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and buttermilk until completely smooth. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmery. Pour beaten egg mixture into pan. Once eggs begin to set, very gently fold eggs around with a spatula a few times until eggs are cooked. (this should take 5-8 minutes---don't overstir the eggs otherwise they won't be fluffy!)
- Remove scrambled eggs from heat and season with salt and pepper. Serve eggs immediately warm with desired toppings.
Try my Rainbow Veggie Kale Scrambled Eggs next! ♥