These rich, creamy cheesecake bites are SO decadent you’ll never guess they’re completely dairy-free, gluten-free, and paleo!—The chocolate swirl makes for a gorgeous presentation.
There is zero shame on my part for what I’m about to do to you on a Monday.
My overall feelings on the matter are actually falling more along the lines of I-don’t-care-the-weekend-is-over-just-gimme-the-whole-pan-of-cheesecake bites.
And stat, please and thanks.
So before I start rattling off my unfathomable obsession with today’s Monday dessert delight, I gotta ask: how was your Mother’s Day weekend? Did you spoil your mom with brunch fare and flowers? Sit outside and soak up the bee-yoooooo-tiful 70-degree spring weather? Grill for the first time this year??
I hosted the annual family Mother’s Day brunch yesterday for ALL the moms in my family and okay, I even allowed the people who aren’t moms, like the husbands and kids to come and brunch out too.
Did you see my spread on Instagram yesterday? I should’ve gotten an after picture, because whoa…brunch out they did, indeed.
I’m used to pig-outs though, remember? I grew up in a family of 9 kids. Whatever the case, it was a SUPER-nice day with the family—Mother’s Day is one of my favs.
Ask me how I feel about that when I actually have kids someday. Bwhaha.
Okay, we need to dedicate the remainder of this post to cheesecake bites.
Because that chocolate swirl has been calling my name for a good long while now…no more delays, guys.
First things first, I need to let you in on a little secret…are you ready for your mind to be blown?
This is a FAUX cheesecake, guys. Honest. Not even one speck of dairy, grains, or gluten in sight.
I KNOW. You’re probably either thinking (a) this isn’t possible. How?? or (b) um, this isn’t cheesecake then and gross.
Bear with me a moment and keep an open mind.
Let’s talk about the crust: two ingredients. Dates and pecans all ground up in the food processor. Pressed into the pan and frozen. As easy as that!
Now the filling: We’re pulling the whole cashews for cream cheese thing that you may have caught wind of around the blogosphere. SO. COOL. This was my first experience with faux cashew cheesecake and I am in awe over how magical it is.
Soaked cashews take a spin in the blender with coconut milk, (to make the entire dessert dairy free!) agave syrup, coconut oil, a pinch of salt, and a dash of vanilla.
…then it’s into the crust and ready for the fun part.
Yeah, that dark chocolate swirl, you see.
Swirl it and swirl it good. ♥
Then it’s into the freezer with all of it for a few hours until solid…
Then cut into little cheesecake bite squares and DEMOLISH.
And be amazed that it actually honest-to-goodness tastes like rich, creamy cheesecake.
Last on your to-do list? Think up valid excuses as to why all the cheesecake bites disappeared.
I didn’t see a thing. You?
No-Bake Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares
- 1 cup Medjool dates pitted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups cashews soaked in hot water for 1 hour
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or regular milk
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips melted
- Make the crust: Line an 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place dates and pecans in a food processor and process until a large-crumb mixture forms. Evenly press crust mixture into the bottom of prepared pan. Place in freezer to chill.
- Make the filling: Place cashews, coconut milk, agave, coconut oil, salt, and vanilla extract in a high-speed blender. Blend on high speed about 30 seconds until filling is completely smooth and creamy. Pour filling into chilled crust and gently smooth top.
- Spoon melted dark chocolate randomly over cheesecake filling, then gently use a knife to swirl filling. (careful not to overswirl) Cover pan with plastic wrap and freeze cheesecake at least 4 hours until completely solid.
- Use parchment paper to lift cheesecake out of pan. Cut cheesecake into 1-in squares. Store cheesecake bites in freezer until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Need more excuses to love on cheesecake? Try macaroon cheesecake tartlets next time!!
You could definitely see your enthusiasm in the work you write.
The world hopes for even more passionate writers like you who aren’t afraid to mention how they believe.
At all times follow your heart.