Classic pink strawberry lemonade with a fun boozy kick that you are absolutely going to love! This easy cocktail is a breeze to whip up and is quickly going to become your favorite summer sipper!
Your favorite childhood drink is going new and exciting places today, y’all.
Spoiler alert: you are never going to look at lemonade the same way again after today and for that you should probably be thanking me.
Friday and the whole concept of summer weekends just got a whoooole lot brighter.
No seriously, like shockingly bright. Look at all that PINK!
Okay, so for quite some time now I’ve been brainstorming summer cocktails to make for the family on the weekend. I’ve shared a few of them on the blog already as I’m sure you’ve noticed the influx of boozy Fridays lately. If not…well, nothing to see here.
The thing is, I need some new, fresh summer drink ideas so the legal ones in my family don’t get bored and resort to beer. (gag) Any peeps out there with KILLER summer drink suggestions for me?? Hit me with ’em in the comments!
Now then, this lemonade. One of the better ideas I’ve had lately and YOUR ticket to a killer weekend. Let’s get to it.
So this lemonade starts out pretty basic, y’all. We make our lemonade base which is simple syrup, cold water, and lemon juice. Easy.
The next component is the source behind that lovely pink tint you see. That’s completely natural pink from a simple fresh strawberry puree. It’s SO pretty to look at and completely amazeballs in the flavor department. Tangy, yet sweet and like I said…amazeballs.
Last but not least came le booze. Clearly the shining star here.
I used a trio of coconut rum, triple sec, and strawberry pucker liquor in this lemonade, but you can totally sub in your favorite if none of these float your booze boat. ???
Now, I feel it’s only fair to warn you that you are going to want to drink this lemonade approximately all weekend.
My family has recently issued a statement that THEY want to drink this lemonade approximately all summer.
I don’t know about you but I would be picking door #2.
??? Bottoms up, y’all!! It’s FRIDAY!! ???
Pink Strawberry Lemonade Cocktail
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups diced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice about 3-4 medium lemons
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1/2 cup coconut rum
- 1/2 cup strawberry pucker liquor
- Ice for serving
- Make the simple syrup: In a small saucepan, bring agave and water to a low simmer until mixture is completely smooth and dissolved. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mash diced strawberries with sugar. Let stand 10 minutes until berries release their juices. Transfer berries to a food processor and pulse until completely smooth. Strain strawberry puree through a fine-mesh sieve and discard solids. Pour strawberry juice into a large serving pitcher.
- Add lemon juice, water, triple sec, rum, strawberry pucker, and cooled simple syrup to pitcher and stir lemonade with a spoon until combined.
- Refrigerate lemonade until ready to serve. Serve with ice and cheers!
Need more drinks for the weekend? Try this sangria!!