These summery crumb bars are packed with juicy strawberries, TONS of oatmeal streusel and glazed to perfection with a luscious browned butter glaze.—you’ll be eating every last crumb!
I have breaking news, guys. Monday has arrived and she brought strawberry crumb bars with her.
With browned butter. I mean, how nice of Monday!!!
Okay y’all so this part of summer is the time that I affectionately refer to as the Explosion of All the Berries. the absolute best part of July is the time that is NOW where you won’t find me without a strawberry in my hands.
Or without ice cream if we’re being honest here, because peeps, it is freaking HOT here and I’m currently on the verge of melting into a rather large puddle of Sarah.
You might be confused at this point. Why am I bringing you a recipe today that requires the use of turning on that heat death trap known as the oven?
Because juicy strawberry crumb bars with browned butter glaze in every crevice is just freaking worth anything.
Okay, let’s talk about the one thing that your summer is seriously jealous of right now. These bars currently all up in your face.
Maybe literally all up in my face. Those crumbs on my face don’t mean a thing.
These bars are totally a recipe reboot y’all. The crust/crumb base you see I kinda stole from these gorgeous guys we all obsessed over last summer. Seriously, the best dang streusel in the whole wide world. I love it a little too much.
Then came juicy strawberries sandwiched between all the crumb chaos.
Browned butter glaze joined the summer shindig. And the heavens opened up and the angels sang rather loudly.
And I swooned pretty much instantly at the summer delight that was now MINE.
All mine and I clearly never went to kindergarten because my sharing skills are nowhere to be found.
Sarah’s winning summer tips: Don’t bake these bars in the heat of day if you value your summer sanity. Make them in the morning for breakfast and then make them again in the evening for those necessary midnight snacks.
Those instructions ^^^ just put them on repeat for the rest of your summer.
Strawberry Oatmeal Crumb Bars with Browned Butter Glaze
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a 8x8 square baking pan with foil and lightly grease. Set aside.
- Make the bars: In a large bowl, combine all bar ingredients until crumbly. Set aside 1/3 of crumb mixture and gently pat remaining crumbs in the bottom of prepared pan.
- Make the filling: In a small bowl, combine all filling ingredients and then spread over crust. Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top.
- Bake bars at 375F 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden and filling is bubbly. Remove from oven and cool completely. Once bars are cooled, use the foil to remove bars from pan and set aside.
- Make the glaze: In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Let butter cook, stirring occasionally until butter turns a deep golden brown. Remove from heat and transfer to a small bowl. Whisk in sugar, vanilla, and just enough cream to make a drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle bars with glaze and let stand 5 minutes to set. Cut into squares and serve bars. Enjoy!
Strawberries are my summer THING! Try these crepes next time!!