Caramelized apples and cinnamon roll flavors take over your morning oatmeal! These overnight oats are unbelievably simple to make and so amazing for a grab-and-go breakfast, you’ll be making them all week!
I’m thinking it’s time to get real as far as fall breakfasts go, you guys. Yesterday we did pumpkin bread for the first time EVER…
Today…your overnight oats get hit by a rather large and awesome amount of FALL.
And by awesome, I obviously mean that caramelized apples will always, always win, but especially whilst combined with A) Cinnamon roll flavors. And B) Creamy, dreamy overnight oats.
It’s obviously the little things that get me excited around here, and you should know that fall-style overnight oats will always be one of them.
Okay, all oatmeal fangirl business aside, let’s have a chat about breakfast, guys! If there’s anything you need to know about me and breakfast is that simple is the name of the game.
Since mornings = lazy time that requires at least a gallon of coffee for me before I’m ready to do anything even semi-productive.
So basically here’s all that we’re gonna do with our breakfast today, guys. First, we make our cinnamon roll topping which is just butter + sugar + cinnamon all melty and perfect.
That gets combined with our overnight oats base which is just milk, oats, and a splash of vanilla. Chill it all overnight and go have sweet dreams about the breakfast that will be waiting for you in the morning.
Next morning…caramelize up some gorgeous apples in butter, sugar, cinnamon, and a handful of pecans…this’ll take 5 minutes tops, btw.
Then we top our glorious oats with piles of caramel-y apples and wonder why fall can’t last forever.
Be honest with yourself and just admit that breakfast is glorious and you’re more than ready to do ALL the Tuesday things when you have oats like these up your sleeve.
With coffee of course. Duh.
Caramelized Apple Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium apples peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans toasted
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk in sugar and cinnamon and bring mixture to a low simmer. Remove from heat.
- In a large mason jar, combine oats, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon-sugar mixture. Screw lid on and shake several times to combine. Chill oats overnight or 6-8 hours until thick and creamy.
- Make the apple topping: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, saute apples in butter and add sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cook apples 5-7 minutes until tender, then remove from heat and stir in pecans.
- Divide overnight oats between three bowls and top each serving with caramelized apple topping. Enjoy!
Overnight oats are pretty much life-altering, guys. Try these banana ones next!!