Made completely in the crockpot and unbelievably cozy and comforting, this chicken enchilada soup is so amazing you would NEVER guess it’s lighter on the calories!
I’m laying down the command, y’all. From here on forward, only soups shall be consumed at dinner.
Tis the season, so tis the way it has to be. Sorry not sorry even a little bit.
So guys, I’m beginning to see a pattern as far as soups around here go. Lately they’ve all seemed to be a) Hanging out in the crockpot and b) Minus tons of calories. <<< I’m calling a HUGE dinner win over that obviously.
And obviously this chicken enchilada soup is fitting rather nicely into that category.
That would be the category of WIN, you guys.
There’s a lot of it hanging out in this one little crockpot currently. ♥
Okay, guys. I need to tell you about the chicken enchilada soup wizardry that’s actually right in your face right now. ^^^^ this soup is borderline insanely amazeballs and without-a-doubt insanely easy to make.
Here’s how it goes down. —> Chicken breasts, tons of fragrant veggies, beans, green chiles, diced tomatoes, broth, enchilada sauce, and spices get thrown in the crockpot, turn that baby on to low ‘n’ slow and FORGET about your dinner for about four hours.
That’s four hours, guys. Think of all the napping you could accomplish.
Much napping later…remove the chicken and shred it up all nice and pretty. We’re also gonna throw some cubed softened cream cheese into the pot just to give the soup a nice creamy texture. One hour later…
…your totally effortless lazy-bones chicken enchilada soup is ready for piling with ALL the enchilada toppings your little heart desires.
I prefer a little bit of it all which includes crispy tortilla strips + avocado + cilantro + occasionally cheese. Yeeeees.
Also. ^^^ Multiple bowls that look exactly like that, please and thanks.
Lighter Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large sweet pepper diced
- 1 can 28 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 4 oz green chiles, drained
- 1 can 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz cream cheese softened and cubed
- Minced cilantro tortilla strips, and diced avocado for serving
- In a 4-qt slow cooker, combine chicken, onion, garlic, sweet pepper, black beans, green chiles, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, enchilada sauce, seasonings, and salt and pepper for seasoning. Cover crockpot and cook on high 3-4 hours or until chicken registers 165F. Remove chicken from slow cooker and use two forks to shred. Return to crockpot and stir in cubed cream cheese. Cover crockpot and cook on high an additional 1 hour until soup is creamy and cream cheese is melted.
- Season soup with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot with cilantro, tortilla strips, and avocado on top. Enjoy!
More LIGHTER and more crockpot soups right this way, you guys!!
Lighter Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup
Lighter Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
Soup only at dinner sounds good to me! I usually eat soup at least once a week, as it’s my favorite! And I’m loving this enchilada version. Looks so flavorful and perfect to have on a chilly fall day!
Love your soups Sarah! This is just perfect for the cold weather! Pinned!
I am such a soup fiend in the cooler months. But sometimes it can be so fattening, so I’m loving this lighter alternative. And the fact that it’s made in the slow cooker is even better!
such a comforting soup! <3