This fall harvest salad is piled high with spiced roasted sweet potatoes, sweet candied walnuts, and tossed in a tangy maple dressing for a gorgeous Thanksgiving salad you won’t be able to get enough of!
So I’ve decided something, y’all. I’ve decided Thanksgiving dinner might just only need to solely consist of this sweet potato salad.
Forget the turkey or the mashed potatoes. Only a mountain-high helping of this salad is needed.
Consider it a proclamation, guys. I’m only looking out for your salad needs.
And those needs officially involve…roasty sweet potato cubes of perfection, equally-perfect homemade candied walnuts, oodles of greens and other fall glory, and obviously tons of tangy maple dressing.
And I mean every-inch-of-salad-is-DRENCHED kinda tons, guys.
^^^ the only way to do salad, FYI.
So there’s not really a whole lot to say about this gorgeous sweet potato salad, guys, except for the that fact that HOLY MOLY it is the bees knees, pretty much the best fall salad you’re ever gonna meet, and seriously make you question why forks weren’t made 10x larger.
^^ I mean, really, why though?
Not only is this salad piled with all the fall luuuuuurve, but it’s freaking gorgeous, guys. Those colors and aaaaaaall that fall flavah’ belongs in your life forever and ever.
24/7 honestly sounds perf to me.
So. We’re all down with a salad Thanksgiving this year? Consider the bird fired and sweet potato salad HIRED.
And promoted to be in my dinner life every freaking night.
Moroccan Sweet Potato Salad with Candied Walnuts + Maple Dressing
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced into 1/2-in cubes
- 2 teaspoons Chinese 5-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts toasted
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shavings
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make sweet potatoes: In a small bowl, combine all sweet potato ingredients until evenly coated. Spread onto a greased baking sheet. Roast sweet potatoes at 400F 20 minutes or until very tender. Set aside to cool.
- Make the walnuts: In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring butter, sugar, water, and salt to a boil, stirring occasionally until thickened and golden-brown. Remove from heat and stir in walnuts. Immediately spread walnuts onto parchment paper and let set 10 minutes. Break walnuts into clusters and set aside.
- Make the salad: In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, spinach, cranberries, Parmesan shavings, roasted sweet potatoes, and candied walnuts. Set aside for a moment.
- Make the dressing: In a mason jar, shake all salad ingredients until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve salad immediately with dressing. Enjoy!
Make sure you try this killer sweet potato casserole next, y’all!