Unbelievably soft inside, loaded with pecans, and covered with tons of vanilla glaze, this lighter banana pecan snack cake is nearly impossible to stop eating once you start!
So I think snack cake on a Friday is just a dead giveaway that our whole weekend is gonna rock, wouldn’t you say?
I’d say…I need another piece of glazed banana pecan snack cake before I decide.
Maybe half the pan? I wouldn’t rule it out. Better safe than sorry.
Seriously though. Snack cake that tastes like banana bread. With tons of toasty pecans thrown in the mix. With glaze dripping down every spare inch. And more toasty pecans on top. << can we make this an every day/every minute kinda snack deal?
The batter for this snack cake follows my basic banana bread recipes pretty closely, except I reduce a bunch of the oil in exchange for greek yogurt. Keeps things lighter and SUPER moist and soft. Win-win all around!
Glaze is also a rather large win. It automatically makes snack cake a MUCH better deal. But only if you have ridiculous amounts of it. >>>
Honestly anytime of the day is fine as far as consumption of this snack cake goes. It serves as breakfast, snacktime, dessert, and/or/always midnight snacks.
You might seriously consider just eating it all day. << the easiest solution.
Oh, and if you thought you’d get away with only eating one piece…forget about it. Half the pan is likely to disappear without explanation or reason. ??
Best problem ever? Well, yeah. ♥
Lighter Glazed Banana Pecan Snack Cake
- 3 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Additional pecans for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk mashed banana, sugar, yogurt, eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon to bowl and gently fold until batter is smooth. Fold in pecans.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake cake at 350F 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick tests done. Cool cake completely.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk all glaze ingredients until smooth and pourable. Spread glaze over cooled cake and sprinkle with additional pecans. Slice cake into squares and enjoy!
I might have a minor obsession with snack cake. Try this applesauce one next!!