Unbelievably light, crispy, and covered in a warm chai-spiced maple syrup, these easy coconut oil waffles are quickly going to become a breakfast staple in your house!
I might have just found the breakfast I want to eat every single morning til the end of all time.
Yeah, it’s waffles. And I’m quite obviously a total pancake kinda girl, judging from the vast quantity of pancake recipes around here. And yet, these waffles might be changing my mind? I think I just need to eat more before I can decide.
There are quite a few contributing factors as to why these coconut oil waffles are pretty much total breakfast insanity. The waffles are light, crispy, and quite-honestly-I-just-want-to-eat-them-straight-off-the-waffle-iron.
Except I also reaaaaaally wanna eat them with a warm chai maple syrup too. <<< honestly a waffle game-changer.
A big game-changer, FYI. As most things are when you dump liquid gold on top of them.
Okay, so keeping things short in the chatter department today so you can get straight to your weekend coconut oil waffles plans. >> let’s talk waffle batter for a sec.
This waffle batter is pretty basic only what makes it different from all the others is not-so-secretly the addition of coconut oil. I swear it makes these waffles like 1000x lighter and crispier than all others.
In other words, puh-leeeeeeeze do not sub any other oil for the coconut oil. Under no circumstances.
Speaking of circumstances…under no circumstances should you forget about the warm chai maple syrup. It literally takes less than FIVE minutes to throw together, and again…it’s just a waffle game-changer.
In the most amazing ways you could ever imagine of a waffle.
You know your weekend needs the best waffles ever. You’re about to have the best weekend ever, FYI. ♥
Crispy Coconut Oil Waffles with Chai Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Chai Maple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chai spice use the one from this recipe
- Fresh fruit for serving
- Make the waffles: In a large bowl, whisk coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, agave, and buttermilk until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Fold flour mixture into liquid until batter is just combined.
- Cook waffles in a waffle maker according to manufacturers instructions until waffles are crispy and golden-brown. Keep warm.
- Make the maple syrup: Bring maple syrup and chai spice to a simmer over medium-high heat. Serve warm with waffles and fresh fruit if desired. Enjoy!
You’ve GOT to try these overnight yeast waffles next! That pina colada topping = goals.