This mocha granola is a peanut butter chocolate lover’s dream! It’s easy to bake up and SO good with vanilla greek yogurt…or just by the handful.
The return of the most addicting thing I’ve ever had in my life. And I mean THE MOST ADDICTING. No exaggeration.
Homemade granola is clearly going to be the death of me. I’m clearly okay with this.
Seriously though you guys, candy doesn’t even rank against this peanut butter mocha granola. Nooooo freaking way. Not even Reese’s which are my biggest frenemy.
Psssssst…mostly because it’s not “appropriate” to eat Reese’s for breakfast. On the other hand though. >>> peanut butter mocha granola clearly = BREAKFAST. Of the champs.
Okay, you obviously need this granola in your life like yesterday. Let me show you how!
We’re basically gonna take the base from my keeper classic recipe (don’t we all have one??) and kick it up in the direction of..a) creamy peanut butter. b) espresso powder. c) looooots of chocolate. Oh man, like granola on STEROIDS, you guys!!
Everything gets pressed into the pan and time to let your oven handle the rest. Don’t you dare stir that granola otherwise you’ll lose all those glorious big clusters! Once your granola is beginning to turn golden around the edges you’ll know it’s done. Let the granola cool about 20 minutes and only then are we gonna break it into chunks.
It will also still be SLIGHTLY warm, so this is the perfect opportunity to stir some chocolate into the party to get melty. More cooling time later…
…I say “cooling time” rather sarcastically because if you’re anything like me…half that granola is gonna get picked right off the sheet within 10 minutes.
Please enjoy and then if you have any…pleeeeeeeease send me ALL your granola leftovers. ♥
Peanut Butter Mocha Granola Clusters
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats,, coconut, sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Place coconut oil and peanut butter in a small saucepan. Melt over medium-high heat until smooth and melted. Remove from heat and whisk in syrup, espresso powder, and vanilla.
- Pour liquid mixture over dry, stirring until just moistened. Spread granola evenly on prepared baking sheet and gently flatten with a spatula.
- Bake granola at 325F 40-45 minutes, without stirring until granola is golden-brown. Let granola cool 20 minutes, then break into bite-sized clusters and stir in chocolate chips until melted. Let granola cool completely and enjoy with milk and fruit of your choice!
Make sure you try my CLASSIC peanut butter granola next time! It’s a keeper.
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
Homemade granola is my favorite, too! I just can’t get over the endless flavor combinations and how addicting it is. I have no doubt that I would become obsessed with this peanut butter mocha flavor. Looks perfect, Sarah! Wish I had a big bowl of this for breakfast this morning!
Ashley - The Recipe Rebel says
It has been WAY too long since I’ve made a batch of granola! I’m thinking this needs to happen ASAP. Love that extra boost from the espresso powder!
Rachel @ Bakerita says
OMG whenever I make granola I eat half of it off the pan while it’s cooling and I would most certainly devour this if it was sitting in my kitchen. Looks SO good – adore those big clusters!!