The most flavorful homemade BBQ sauce EVER collides with sweet mango and it all gets generously brushed over juicy grilled chicken.—Put this easy one on the summer dinner rotation!
Happy Memorial Day weekend, you guys!! The unofficial start to grilling season which technically I kinda already got a head-start on back in April, but zero problems we have with that fact right?
The fact of the matter is that the millisecond you can step outside without a coat…you should be firing up that grill.
Also. To those currently serving or who have served…thank you thank you for your many sacrifices for us! In the excitement of the first long holiday weekend of summer, I think sometimes we lose sight of the importance and real background of Memorial Day.
And believe me, it’s easy to get sidetracked when you have grilled chicken like this staring you in the face.
Say it with me, guys. MANGO. FREAKING. BARBECUE. SAUCE.
It’s what’s smothering every inch of this grilled chicken and the real and honest-to-goodness reason why I’m never going back to plain BBQ ever again.
Psssssst…it’s kinda like magic sauce because it starts off with a basic made-from-scratch BBQ sauce BUT THEN it takes a spin in the blender with fresh diced mango and the transformation is complete.
And we’re all quite obviously completely obsessed.
Brush that sauce gold all over every INCH of that gorgeous chicken and don’t miss a spot. This recipe makes a TON of sauce too so you should have more than enough to get the job done.
Man oh man…best holiday weekend ever? Yesssssssss.
Mango BBQ Sauce Grilled Chicken
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dark molasses
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 mango peeled, pitted, and finely diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, molasses, vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Bring sauce to a low simmer, then remove from heat and place in a blender with mango. Blend on medium speed until completely smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste, cool sauce and then store in refrigerator until ready to use (or up to 1 week)
- Make the chicken. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill chicken over medium-high heat, turning occasionally until chicken registers 165F degrees. During last 10 minutes of cooking, start brushing chicken with BBQ sauce. Once chicken is done, brush with additional sauce. Enjoy!!
Victoria Lloyd says
Oh and Thanks for the PINTEREST.
Joseph Parker says
Thanks for sharing this post with us. I am little bit interested to get more information about bbq recipices. I like to share my opinion on bbq recpices .On tying, complete the process by placing it on a moderately heated BBQ for about 15-20 minutes, turning them frequently to avoid it being burnt. Serve them hot when the rich flavor
I hope you get a chance to try this sauce, Joseph!! 😉
ThermoPro TP-08 Review says
Thanks for sharing this great recipe: MANGO BBQ SAUCE GRILLED CHICKEN! I am going to try it by tomorrow. I alway use thermopro tp08 to see temperature when grilling and i got nice result.
Clara BBQ says
What a surprise to find that Mango BBQ Sauce Grilled Chicken can cook so quickly and still be tender and tasty! Thank You
sonal sahni says
Nice content.. thanks for sharing this kinds of information.. I will come back soon.. Thanks
This sauce looks really delicious and yummy 😀
It is really amazing
Mark Benson says
It looks to be amazing.. definitely gonna try this coming weekend.. Thanks for such stuff….
Amber Elliott says
Thanks for this recipe kindly write article how i make cherry sauce
david silvax says
I would say, this sauce is looking yumm and tasty and best in the world
what would blend to make this spicy not over whelming
Hi Mel – I’m not sure what you mean. This barbecue sauce is not spicy.