The most flavorful homemade BBQ sauce EVER collides with sweet mango and it all gets generously brushed over juicy grilled chicken.—Put this easy one on the summer dinner rotation!
Happy Memorial Day weekend, you guys!! The unofficial start to grilling season which technically I kinda already got a head-start on back in April, but zero problems we have with that fact right?
The fact of the matter is that the millisecond you can step outside without a coat…you should be firing up that grill.
Also. To those currently serving or who have served…thank you thank you for your many sacrifices for us! In the excitement of the first long holiday weekend of summer, I think sometimes we lose sight of the importance and real background of Memorial Day.
And believe me, it’s easy to get sidetracked when you have grilled chicken like this staring you in the face.
Say it with me, guys. MANGO. FREAKING. BARBECUE. SAUCE.
It’s what’s smothering every inch of this grilled chicken and the real and honest-to-goodness reason why I’m never going back to plain BBQ ever again.
Psssssst…it’s kinda like magic sauce because it starts off with a basic made-from-scratch BBQ sauce BUT THEN it takes a spin in the blender with fresh diced mango and the transformation is complete.
And we’re all quite obviously completely obsessed.
Brush that sauce gold all over every INCH of that gorgeous chicken and don’t miss a spot. This recipe makes a TON of sauce too so you should have more than enough to get the job done.
Man oh man…best holiday weekend ever? Yesssssssss.
Mango BBQ Sauce Grilled Chicken
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dark molasses
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 mango peeled, pitted, and finely diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, molasses, vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Bring sauce to a low simmer, then remove from heat and place in a blender with mango. Blend on medium speed until completely smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste, cool sauce and then store in refrigerator until ready to use (or up to 1 week)
- Make the chicken. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill chicken over medium-high heat, turning occasionally until chicken registers 165F degrees. During last 10 minutes of cooking, start brushing chicken with BBQ sauce. Once chicken is done, brush with additional sauce. Enjoy!!