Made-from-scratch teriyaki sauce transforms this one-pot veggie noodles skillet into a flavorful and sneakily-healthy dinner side! You won’t even miss the regular noodles.
Happy 2018, friends! Now that we’re all past the season of cookies, gingerbread and waaaaaaay too much eggnog, shall we charge straight ahead into the next best thing?
That would be the New Years resolution food. And nope, despite reputation that’s not a bummer either.
A big, fat gorgeous pan of teriyaki veggie noodles is the only proof I need of that. Maybe the only thing I could ever need?
Alright, I definitely need a breakfast cookie or 20 somewhere in there too because that’s kinda my recurring January thing, but a teriyaki veggie noodles skillet definitely comes in a close second for necessities.
And on that note…oh my GOSH. You would never ever believe just by looking that a faux noodles skillet like this could be so freaking amazing. It most definitely is. It’s also like the easiest thing ever to pull off.
- Noodles! I use a combo of carrots and zucchini to make my veggie noodles and it gives us all that swoon-worthy color goodness. And zucchini noodles are IDEAL for soaking up a ton of sauce. Speaking of which…
- SAUCE. It is the thing that makes this veggie noodles skillet, guys. If you haven’t tried my homemade teriyaki sauce in recipes like this, this, or this you are MISSING OUT. It’s 1000x better than pre-made and so freaking easy!
Warm teriyaki sauce + veggie noodles get to know each other. And suffice to say, it’s a pretty sweet relationship.
New Years resolutions eating has never looked so dang fine, y’all. This is only the beginning of a freaking tasty + healthy January! ♥♥
One-Pot Teriyaki Veggie Noodles Skillet
- 4 medium zucchinis ends trimmed
- 4 medium carrots ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Using a spiralizer, cut zucchini and carrots into long noodles. Place in a large bowl with onion and garlic and set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil until shimmery. Add noodles mixture to skillet and saute 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until noodles are slightly softened.
- Make the sauce: Add soy sauce, vinegar, water, sugar, ginger, and garlic to noodles mixture. Gradually mix in cornstarch/water mixture until smooth. Stir occasionally until sauce is thickened and clings to noodles. Remove from heat and season noodles with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle fresh parsley over top and serve warm. Enjoy!