This easy and energy-packed baked oatmeal is loaded full of blueberry muffin goodness and covered in a sweet vanilla glaze. Enjoy it with milk or straight outta the pan!
So I’d pretty much adore every single morning if they started off with this baked oatmeal insanity in my face. Again, every.dang.morning please. ??
With extra glaze and extra blueberry muffin-ness, pleaseeeeeee…
So far it’s been both an insanely delicious AND healthified 2018, wouldn’t you agree? We’ve done veggie noodles, a kick-butt salad, and now naturally it’s time to add a little breakfast goodness to that list.
Also please note: TWO breakfast masterpieces in one. Glazed blueberry muffin + baked oatmeal = *dying*
Baked oatmeal is my favorite for seriously SO many reasons, guys! For one, there’s no babysitting an oatmeal pot on the stove. Literally everything just mixes up in one bowl, gets dumped in a pan, and thrown in the oven!
Also, if you’ve had baked oatmeal before you’d know that it kinda sorta tastes like a giant warm oatmeal cookie warm outta the oven. And scooped into a big bowl with milk on top? Oh mah gooooosh… ??
Triple all that goodness when you throw a heap of blueberries into the party and top the whole thing with a lake of vanilla glaze. Like a warm, glazed blueberry muffin meets oatmeal cookie is what I’m getting at, you guys. ♥ ?
And p.s, just reiterating the fact that it’s GOOD for ya!! I’m telling you, January is winning the kick-butt healthy eats game.
Glazed Blueberry Muffin Baked Oatmeal
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries if using frozen, do not thaw
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons half and half cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x13 baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, yogurt, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda until smooth. Gently fold in oats and blueberries until just combined.
- Scrape oatmeal mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 350F 20-25 minutes or until a light golden brown. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk all glaze ingredients together until drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over cooled baked oatmeal and serve immediately. Enjoy!