Make dinner way in advance with these meal prep Greek-style chicken quinoa bowls! So quick to throw together and packed full of healthy Greek goodness.
This healthy dinner eating train isn’t so bad, is it guys? I rest my case with these Greek chicken quinoa bowls.
Also winning major points…MEAL PREP. Pretty sure the dinner game just got saved for awhile. High fives all around to all the other lazy dinner makers, myself included.
The thing is though that these bowls don’t even TASTE like lazy food. Like slave-over-a-stove-for-48-hours kinda food. I’m not hating it. ??
I’m also contemplating putting these meal prep bowls on the menu permanently.
First off…let’s talk Greek chicken quinoa bowl components!
- Chicken. Oh my gosh, the chicken for these bowls is hands-down one of the best things I’ve had in awhile. Chicken breasts take a nice long soak in a Greek-style marinade and trust me, it is INSANELY good.
- Quinoa. Nothin’ fancy here, guys, just cook up a mess of quinoa and call your job done.
- Last but not least, pile ALL that Greek goodness up as high as you can. Cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado, feta, red onion, etc. The more the merrier!
Divide it all up between your meal prep bowls and dinner is SET for the foreseeable future,guys.
Honestly, I haven’t had a dinner so pretty in quite awhile. Currently contemplating just going to live in one of these drop-dead gorgeous bowls. ??
Get ready to be dinner obsessed is the gist of it.
Meal Prep Greek Chicken Quinoa Bowls
Marinated Greek Chicken
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 medium cucumbers, diced
- 2 medium avocados, pitted and diced
- 3/4 cup cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
Marinated Greek Chicken
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, yogurt, and salt and pepper to taste. Place chicken in a ziplock bag and pour marinade on top. Seal bag and turn several times to coat chicken. Place chicken in refrigerator and let marinate 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmery. Add chicken to skillet and saute several minutes until chicken is browned and no longer pink. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine red onion, cucumber, avocado, tomatoes, cheese, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide quinoa, veggie mixture, and cooled chicken between 4 containers, Enjoy immediately or refrigerate up to 4 days.
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
I need to do more meal prep, it’s such a time saver! These quinoa bowls looks just perfect. I love the flavors in here, especially with the feta and avocados. Sounds perfect for lunch!
It’s seriously the HUGEST time-saver! Dinner’s always a breeze. 😀 Thanks Gayle!
ASHLEY - THE RECIPE REBEL says
These are so fresh and healthy and PERFECT for this brutal weather we’re having!
The weather is pretty awful here too! All the fresh and healthy food is a total must. 🙂
Do you remove the marinade coated on the chicken or cook the chicken coated?
Remove the marinade! 🙂
Jen @ Keto Recipes says
Beautifully done! I’m so excited to try this. Thank you for sharing.
I like your food recipe. It’s delicious recipe. Thank you for shear it.
Any idea how many calories each bowl will have?
If you can please give us the nutrition value of this meal? I tried to figure it on My Fitness Pal but kept getting different numbers.
Hi Kim. I do not know the nutrition information for these bowls, however, you can easily find out using this website!
Jonathan Sager says
This is an awesome post. I love delicious food & definitely my favorite chicken. This gorgeous your Meal recipes. Your information is very helpful. I’ve benefited greatly from reading the article. Thanks for sharing the post.
Chicken fasolakia says
I absolutely loved this Greek chicken recipe! I have made it twice and I only made one adjustment. I doubled the recipe both times, and the first time i found the lemon juice a bit too strong.
Looks great but a little confused. Is this supposed to be served hot or cold?
Either one is great! I actually prefer it cold like a salad. 🙂
Jahnson alberto says
That’s a delicious recipe. Let me know how much calories it provide?
You can find calorie information using this website!
I can’t seem to find the calorie information. Can you be more specific on where to find it?
Hi, Annie! – calorie information has been added below the recipe card!
Thank you so much for the fast reply! 🙂
doug f says
Great recipe! I think I’ll add a tbs of olive oil to the 2 tbs of lemon juice for the salad for a little more flavor. Also, can I just cook the chicken in the marinade rather than discarding it?
Yes you can! The chicken won’t brown quite as nicely cooking with the added liquid, but it should still work! 🙂