Roasted in a flavorful homemade sun-dried tomato pesto and covered in shaved Parmesan, these sweet potato wedges are SUCH an easy dinner side and you’ll be eating them straight off the pan.
I’m no stranger to eating my dinner straight off the sheet pan, guys. It’s a lifestyle thing okay? And I’m 1000% on board with it.
List of other things I’m on board with: sun-dried tomato pesto sweet potato wedges. On repeat for the rest of all time.
Quite honestly, you wouldn’t think that a flavor combo such as this would go SO dang amazing together. But let it forever be known that the day homemade sun-dried tomato pesto met sweet potato wedges and the whole thing got covered with shaved Parmesan and roasted to perfection was a very freaking good day.
And I think it goes without saying that it was just one of those days where my plate was the actual pan. ??
So even though we’re making our own pesto from scratch today, PLEASE believe me when I say that these sweet potato wedges could literally not be more easy to pull off. Basic prep is as follows. >>>
- Pesto. Simple, yet dynamite combo of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, pine nuts, garlic, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Give it a quick whirl in the food processor and you’re good to go.
- Then…generously toss it with your sweet potato wedges and spread ’em out in a single layer on your baking sheet.
- Quick 20-25 minute roast at 425F and we’re golden, guys. Ignoring the fact that you really should be piling these beauties with MORE gorgeous shaved Parmesan and sun-dried tomatoes. Do it.
These sweet potato wedges can definitely stand alone, but they also pair SUPER well with chicken and particularly this one. Um, cause more pesto is always a good thing right?
And honestly, less of my talking and let’s just eat this entire pan already, mkay?
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Sweet Potato Wedges
- 1 cup loosely-packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut into thick wedges
- Additional grated Parmesan and minced parsley for garnishing, optional
In a food processor, process spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, garlic, and Parmesan cheese while drizzling oil through top. Scrape down sides as necessary and pulse pesto until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, toss sweet potato wedges with pesto and season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Lay in a single layer on a greased baking sheet.
Roast sweet potatoes at 425F 20-25 minutes or until very tender and crispy. Garnish sweet potatoes with additional grated Parmesan and parsley if desired and serve hot. Enjoy!