Juicy blueberries and crunchy granola are the ultimate duo in these SUPER thick and fluffy blueberry granola pancakes! Drizzle them with tons of almond syrup for a breakfast winner!
I honestly have not been this excited about a humble little blueberry pancake in a loooooong time, guys. And if you’re a regular around here you know we do pancakes on a very frequent basis.
And yet, despite all that…the current fav stack is right here.
In all its blueberry + granola + almond syrup + THICKEST-AND-FLUFFIEST-EVER-FREAKING-PANCAKE glory.
Screaming because there could not possibly be a more perfect combination than blueberry granola pancakes in the whole pancake world. So much freaking breakfast perfection and it is a very good Friday, y’all.
Even though we’ve got a lot of pancake components working together today, don’t think for a second that these beauties are too time-consuming to pull off. Check out the prep timeline >>>
- Pancake batter. It’s just my standard pancake base and it’s mixed up in 5 minutes or less. Fold a bunch of blueberry/granola cluster goodness inside the batter and you’re good to go.
- Cook the pancakes like you would pretty much any other pancake and watch them rise into thick, fluffy little cakes of perfection.
- Meanwhile…take literally ONE minute and throw together a simple almond syrup. Toasted sliced almonds + maple syrup + almond extract. Do noooooot skip it, guys
And do not skimp on piling those stacks ridiculously high. And many waterfalls of syrup.
Couldn’t imagine a more fitting Friday pancake if I even tried, guys. You won’t even BELIEVE how dynamite the juicy blueberries and crispy granola pieces work together in these beauts.
You may die from goodness overload but don’t die completely, because…pancakes ALL DANG WEEKEND!!
Blueberry Granola Pancakes with Almond Syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granola (no fruit added)
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (if using frozen, do not thaw)
Almond Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk egg, yogurt, agave, oil, vanilla, and buttermilk until smooth. Gradually whisk in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until batter is just combined. Fold in granola and blueberries.
- Cook pancakes by 1/4-cupfuls on a greased medium-high skillet 1-2 minutes on each side, flipping once. Keep pancakes warm.
Almond Maple Syrup
- In a small serving pitcher, combine toasted almonds, extract, and maple syrup. Drizzle over warm pancakes and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness says
I’m with you, I’m a HUGE pancake lover! I make em at least once or twice a week for breakfast or lunch. My favorite kinds are either blueberry pancakes – these look awesome!! – or banana chocolate chip ones.
I’ve definitely had my fair share of pancakes for breakfast AND lunch some days! LOL. Thanks so much, Nicole!
Blueberry pancakes are my very favorite and I love that you added a delicious granola crunch! This is the perfect stack for me!
Thank you, Marcie! This is seriously like blueberry pancakes on steroids! 🙂
I’m now off to try it.
I just got into cooking (male 46) and loving it!
Keep up the great work!
Glad to hear you’re getting into cooking, Matt! Hope you enjoyed these pancakes!