Piled high with beautiful soft-boiled eggs and lots of crispy bacon, this bacon avocado toast is an absolute BREEZE to throw together and the ultimate stunner breakfast!
New proclamation: Every single freaking Monday must start with one or multiple or 25 pieces of soft-boiled egg and bacon avocado toast.
For the love of all things good and holy…please have some dang avocado toast today, guys. ??
It’s my spring break week this week so basically it’s not really feeling like a Monday over here and it’s glorious. I can now function without 3 cups of coffee! It’s the little things.
However…I still need avocado and bacon piled high on my toast and a gorgeously GOAL-WORTHY runny soft-boiled egg plopped on top of the whole shebang.
Guys, I know this looks like the most involved and time-consuming breakfast e’r, but appearances can be deceiving: you’re actually gonna pull this off in only 15 minutes and all of your breakfast dreams are gonna become reality. —>
- Toast up your bread, slice up yo avocado, fry up some bacon, grab a spoonful of sun-dried tomatoes if you’re feeling fancy, and pile it all on top of your toast.
- Egg time! Soft-boiled eggs may seem fussy but they are SO easy, guys! Bring a few inches of water to a simmer and then place a few eggs in the pot and let them cook for about 6-7 minutes for a soft, runny yolk. If you want a bit of a firmer yolk, I’d recommend cooking them about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove your eggs from the water and immediately run them under cold water to cool them. VERY carefully peel off the shell, taking care not to break into the yolk.
- Place your peeled eggs right on top of the toast and use a knife to break it open and let all that yolk goodness go everywhere. Season ‘er up with salt and pepper, throw a handful of green onions on top and breakfast is GOLDEN!
And I am officially just gonna go live in all that avo-toast goodness now, kbye. Seriously, the softness of the egg combined with the silky avocado and crispy bacon is mind-blowing, guys.
You’ve never had avocado toast like this before and I guarantee you will have no other after you try this. ??
Soft-Boiled Egg and Bacon Avocado Toast
- 3 slices sandwich bread, toasted and warm
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 medium avocados, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Spread warm pieces of toast with butter and arrange sliced avocado on top of toast. Sprinkle each piece of toast with garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Top each piece of toast with two slices of bacon and sun-dried tomatoes. Set aside.
- Fill a medium saucepan with a few inches of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium so water is at a rapid simmer. Place eggs into simmering water and cook 6-7 minutes in water for a barely-set yolk. Remove eggs from water and run under cold water until cool enough to handle
- Carefully peel eggs then place each egg on top of toast and split open with a knife. Season each egg with salt and pepper to taste and top with green onions. Serve immediately and enjoy!