Homemade salted caramel fills every crack of these fudgy dark chocolate brownie cups and the flavor combination is out of this WORLD! Everyone who tries these will be obsessed.
Today is the day, y’all. The day where chocolate magic officially went down. Legit honest-to-goodness MAGIC.
How else would dark chocolate brownies have found their way into brownie cups form? And gotten filled with oodles of homemade salted caramel? Common sense.
So dark chocolate salted caramel brownie cups were born. And I immediately had to kick them outta my house and give them to my family because they were WAY too freaking dangerous to have only inches away from potential and more-than-likely grabbing.
And then of course I immediately missed their presence and wanted them back. ??
Don’t make my mistakes and give these brownie cups away, guys. Just don’t do it. Let’s just make everyone happy and make a huge batch now, mmkay?
- First things first…dark chocolate brownie batter! I follow the base from this keeper recipe and take things a little bit on the dark side by use of…well, dark chocolate is the spoiler alert.
- Batter goes into muffin cups. Bake those beauties up for about 20 minutes and then immediately indent the center. We gonna fill that with pure happiness pretty soon here. ??
- …Like right now actually. Salted caramel!!!! It’s homemade, yes, it’s ridiculously good, yes you should probably taste like half of the contents of the pan. Whatever you have left, feel free to stuff it inside the brownie cups.
- And top it off with a little sprinkle of coarse salt because it’s GORGEOUS and the little hint of extra salt adds so much depth and flavor to these brownies.
Oh yes. Gaze upon that center of ooey-gooey brownie/caramel insanity and tell me your life is not perfect right now. ^^^
Friday dessert goals = naaaaaaaailed.
Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Brownie Cups
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional coarse salt for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and chocolate until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Whisk in melted chocolate mixture until smooth. Slowly fold in flour, cocoa, and salt until batter is just combined.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full of batter and bake brownies at 350F 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs sticking to it. Use the end of a wooden spoon to immediately indent the middle of brownie cups. Cool brownies completely in pan on a wire cooling rack. Then remove from pan and set aside.
- Make the caramel: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in sugar and agave and bring caramel to a boil until a deep golden brown. Remove from heat and whisk in salt and baking soda.
- Fill cooled brownie cups with warm salted caramel and garnish with additional coarse salt. Enjoy!