Juicy strawberries and crunchy almonds and poppyseeds make for the BEST trio in this gorgeous and incredibly easy strawberry almond poppyseed chicken salad! Perfect for any spring gathering.
With the arrival of spring comes the arrival of the unofficial start to freaking gorgeous salads taking up every corner of my blog, guys.
Also, I am DEFINITELY jumping the gun on strawberries when it’s still only the end of March, buuuuut…well, for obvious reasons you’ve just gotta have strawberries hanging out in your strawberry almond poppyseed chicken salad. ???
PS, currently dreaming up all the ways I can eat this chicken salad on all the things but most of them just involve me + spoon + bowl. Easy as that.
Doesn’t it just scream SPRING LUNCHIN’ GOALS? Let it be known though that I definitely did not just consume this strawberry almond poppyseed chicken salad around the lunch hour. Sometimes earlier, sometimes later with no regrets. ??
This chicken salad could honestly not be any more ridiculously easy to throw together, guys. Got leftover chicken? You are pretty much obligated to make this salad. >>>
- Dice up your chicken into nice little cubes and throw a generous handful of strawberries and green onions on top.
- The dressing is super simple and gets mixed straight into the bowl with the chicken and company. A little bit of mayo, a little greek yogurt, lemon juice, and mustard is all it takes.
- Season everything up all nice with salt + pepper and throw a ton of toasty sliced almonds + poppyseeds into the party.
Spoiler alert: you just made the prettiest dang chicken salad in all the land.
As far as ways to eat this goodness goes? Pile it in a bun like so ^^^ or in a lettuce wrap, or just do it classic-style and go to town on that bowl with a spoon.
Just prepare yourself for the overall best chicken salad experience of your LIFE. ??
Strawberry Almond Poppyseed Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons poppyseeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Buns or lettuce leaves for serving
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, strawberries, green onions, mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, and poppyseeds until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving chicken salad, fold almonds in. Serve chicken salad cold on buns or lettuce leaves. Enjoy!