Ricotta cheese transforms this raspberry orange ricotta cake into a rich, dense, and INCREDIBLY moist dessert you won’t be able to get enough of! It’s such a simple cake you need in your cake repertoire!
Cake is so not a normal thing we do around here, guys. A million times YES to turning over a new cake leaf.
I know that ricotta cake sounds weird. And it is a little bit.
Weirdly awesome and I am currently so freaking obsessed with this raspberry orange ricotta cake you don’t even know.
Hallelujah, Friday. Gives us pretty much the only excuse we need to eat tons of the best new cake ever. ??
It’s also a frosting-less cake, mind you. And it holds its own against ALL those frosting-smeared cakes and possibly even surpasses ’em. A humble little raspberry orange ricotta cake, guys.
Not only that but frosting-less cakes = SIMPLE cakes that only involve batter + baking + devouring. >>>
- Batter: there’s a whopping 1-1/2 cups of ricotta cheese in the batter and trust me, this might seem like a lot, but you can’t even taste it and it makes this cake SO unbelievably moist and dense inside. I also pack a double-whammy of orange zest + juice, plus a hefty pile of raspberries. All the flavors just sing a pretty harmonious song in this cake, friends. ♥
- I like to dust this cake with a little powdered sugar and that’s literally all it needs. It’s so rich, dense, orange-y, and packed with juicy raspberries it just doesn’t need anything else.
Except your undivided attention at devouring it, of course. ??
Trust me on this, sometimes the simplest cakes are the BEST cakes. I would seriously take this raspberry orange ricotta cake any day HANDS DOWN over a fancy frosted chocolate cake.
But hey, cake is cake and life is short so we should eat all the cakes??
Raspberry Orange Ricotta Cake
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries (if using frozen, do not thaw)
- Powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease and flour a 9-in cake pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, ricotta cheese, orange juice, zest, vanilla extract, and melted butter until smooth. In a separate small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt until combined. Gradually fold flour mixture into liquid until batter is just combined. Fold in raspberries.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake cake at 350F 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake completely on a wire cooling rack. Once cooled, dust with powdered sugar and slice into wedges. Enjoy!