These pineapple sweet pepper chicken kebabs are the ultimate kebab to throw on the grill! A homemade Asian sauce brushed on top makes them burst with flavor.
The grill is on, guys. I repeat, the grill is ON. And there’s pineapple sweet pepper chicken kebabs on it!
And a lot of sauce. Pretty much half kebabs, half killer-freaking-amazing Asian sauce.
An embarrassingly-late start to grilling season, trust me I know, but nonetheless we are arriving in style.
Just LOOK at these kebabs, y’all. There’s chicken, there’s pineapple, there’s sweet peppers/onions, and all of the above is brushed to within an inch of its life with sweet, tangy Asian sauce. <<< the truth is that my grill is going to be occupied all summer with these. ??
Alright, kebab prep time!! These beauties are definitely as easy as they sound and look. Pretty much just THREE steps in total. —>
- Assembly! Skewer chicken cubes, sweet peppers/onions, and cubed pineapple all pretty-like on your skewers.
- Sauce time. Soy sauce, a cornstarch slurry, vinegar, garlic, and a little sugar/salt and pepper all in one pot for a few minutes and you’ve got liquid gold.
- Brush it all over your kebabs and CONTINUOUSLY keep brushing as you grill up these babies. Once they’re off the grill, make sure you brush ’em with even more sauce. Can you tell I like things extra saucy??
These pineapple sweet pepper chicken kebabs are honestly the PERFECT entree choice if you’re feeding a cookout crowd. Everyone loves the sweet and savory combo, and I would highly recommend making maybe a little extra sauce so people can dip to their heart’s content.
These kebabs all summer long, y’all. DO IT.
Asian Pineapple Sweet Pepper Chicken Kebabs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-in cubes
- 2 cups 2-in cubed pineapple
- 1 large sweet pepper, cut into 2-in pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into 2-in pieces
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and cornstarch water mixture, stirring occasionally until sauce is bubbly and slightly thickened. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste, remove from heat and cool.
- Using soaked wooden skewers or metal skewers, skewer chicken, pineapple, sweet pepper, and onion. Grill kebabs over medium-high heat, brushing with Asian sauce occasionally and turning once until chicken registers 160F and vegetables and pineapple are tender. Serve kebabs with additional sauce and serve warm. Enjoy!