A tangy lemon glaze and winning combo of strawberries and lemonade collide in these incredibly flaky strawberry lemonade scones.—Super easy to make and a brunch stunner!
The scone of summer 2018!!!
I really, really mean that because we’ve got strawberries and freaking lemonade in the same sentence as scone and GLAZE.
What I’m getting at is that these strawberry lemonade scones beauties are breakfast 24/7. ??
Not only that but they’re freaking gorgeous and spot on with the summer theme. Pretty seasonal food is a treat to eat, guys.
As with my vast array of other scone winners, we’ve got our basic scone base of flour, baking powder, baking soda, a little sugar, salt, butter, half and half, and an egg. <<< literally the only keys you need to a killer bakery-style scone.
Today we’re tossing lemon juice + zest into the dough along with greek yogurt, vanilla, and a pile of gorgeous summer strawberries. Don’t swoon yet because once these beauties are all baked up it’s….
….obviously GLAZE time. Powdered sugar + lemon juice + half and half. That’s all she wrote, guys.
I hope we’re all fully aware we’re gazing upon strawberry lemonade scones heaven. ??
Scones all weekend and all summer, friends. DO IT.
Glazed Strawberry Lemonade Scones
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup half and half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries, patted dry on paper towels
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon half and half cream
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Mix in lemon juice, zest, yogurt, egg, cream, and vanilla until a shaggy dough forms. Gently fold in strawberries.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and gently knead several times until dough comes together. Pat dough into a 1-in thick round. Cut round into 8 wedges and place wedges on prepared baking sheets. Bake scones at 425F 13-15 minutes or until golden-brown. Remove from oven and cool on a wire cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk all glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cooled scones and let stand 5 minutes to set before serving. Enjoy!