These hasselback caprese zucchini boats are stuffed with juicy tomato slices, gooey mozzarella, and tons of fresh basil for a seasonal veggie side that’s LOADED with summer flavors!
Ahhhhhh yessssss. Nothing like a good cheese pull on a Monday morning.
And hey, there’s literally a ton of zucchini getting in on the party too! You know. Balancing out all that cheese pull business.
I have a thing for hasselback all the freaking things, guys. (see these babies for further proof) There’s something just SO ridiculously satisfying about making neat little slices in a zucchini or potato and stuffing ’em with ALL THE GOODS.
Really, it’s food poetry. ??
So to start off, you’re gonna need to grab 4 of your prettiest garden zucchini. Slice ’em all hasselback-style, brush with olive oil and a slew of seasonings and send that off to the oven to get all roasty toasty.
Meanwhile, make sure you’re prepping ALL THE CAPRESE fixins’ because that’s up next. Juicy slices of tomato + soft, squishy mozz cheese + tons of fresh minced basil.
Stuff it all up in your zucchini boats, send ’em on one more voyage to the oven for a quick broil and then pull ’em out and bask in the cheesy green goodness that is now in your possession.
Ignoring the fact that you are now drooling everywhere. Hey a good cheese pull does its job too well, okay?
Seriously. Obsess over these and love them because they are pretty much SUMMER in an edible cheese-stuffed boat.
Hasselback Caprese Zucchini Boats
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium zucchinis, cut into slices 3/4 down width-wise (not all the way through)
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into thin slices
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced basil
- Brush zucchinis with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic, salt, and pepper to taste. Roast zucchini at 400F 20-25 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Remove zucchini from oven and fill slices with tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. Return zucchini to oven and broil on high an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned. Serve zucchini immediately and enjoy!