Ready for the ULTIMATE cookie texture? These coconut chocolate fudge cookies have the most incredible fudgy texture and taste basically like a thick brownie.
In case you were wondering…..YES, your Friday can and will include both cookies and fudge.
Obviously a truckload of chocolate and heck, why not throw some coconut into this sweet little weekend deal? Priorities on point.
I need to take about 5 minutes and walk you through the game.freakin.changer components of these coconut chocolate fudge cookies, guys. Most of which will be spent on texture. I am not exaggerating one little bit when I say that these cookies have the LITERAL texture inside of thick, rich chocolate fudge.
Like a big ‘ol brownie only even BETTER in my opinion. With the added bonus of coconut sprinkled into every chocolate-y fudge bite. Kill me now.
Unlike regular fudge, these coconut chocolate fudge cookies are NO pain in the butt to throw together! And I’m just gonna say right here and now that double batches are the best decision you’ll ever make regarding these. Besides the obvious decision to have three straight off the sheet.
A WHOLE bunch of melted bittersweet chocolate + 2 eggs are the only not-so-secret ingredients behind what gives these cookies their amazing texture. That and just your standard cookie ingredients like sugar, flour, etc. It’s basic easy stuff!
Would highly recommend stealing a few straight off the sheet while they are hot. And dipping them in your milk/coffee, yeeeeeeees.
And then hoarding the rest away for future you’s enjoyment, because I KID YOU NOT in the addicting properties these mighty coconut chocolate fudge cookies hold. It is real dangerous stuff.
Top shelf, waaaaay in the back kinda hoarding, guys. Trust me.
Coconut Chocolate Fudge Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in a double-boiler over barely-simmering water over medium-high heat. Melt, stirring occasionally until mixture is smooth and melted. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Whisk sugar, eggs, and vanilla into chocolate mixture until smooth. Fold in flour, baking soda, salt, and coconut until dough is just combined.
- Scoop dough into 1-in balls and place 2-in apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies at 350F 10-12 minutes or until middles are cracked and shiny. Cool cookies on baking sheet 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!