Need a brunch item that’ll wow guests? This strawberry lemon crumb coffee cake is SUPER gorgeous and jam-packed with juicy strawberries, buttery crumb topping, and lots of lemon glaze!
Too early to start considering the brunch options for Mother’s Day? You’re looking at the girl who plans her menu only a few days before. Every year. It’s only a slight issue?
The only thing I know is that THIS strawberry lemon crumb coffee cake is in the running for being the sole brunch item because I want to make approximately 3498 of them.
Along with a few gallons of lemon glaze. And hey, more strawberries too because we are nearing the season!! Celebrate accordingly with cake.
For breakfast. The beauty of a coffee cake, guys. It’s extremely good rationalization.
This beauty could NOT be simpler to pull off! We’re just gonna use my standard coffee cake base for which you probably have all the ingredients lying around.
Brightening it up a bit with some fresh lemon juice + lots of zest and huuuuuge piles of diced fresh strawberries. While the coffee cake bakes it forms little pockets of these juicy strawberries and it is BOMB.
Obviously we’re covering this bad boy with ALL the crumb topping because for me, it ain’t coffee cake unless there are crumbs present on top.
Of course glaze is a no-brainer. And a zingy lemon glaze is even more of a good idea, I promise you. Glaze that stuff EVERYWHERE on this strawberry lemon crumb coffee cake. Any leftovers taste good off a spoon too, I promise ya that.
True story: My little niece took 4 pieces of this coffee cake and stashed them away for later and I have photo proof she ate them all in one sitting. ??
I think we can all relate with that, let’s be honest.
Strawberry Lemon Crumb Coffee Cake
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups diced strawberries
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk melted butter, sugar, yogurt, lemon juice, zest, eggs, vanilla, and milk until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, and salt and gently fold until batter is just combined. Fold in strawberries. Scrape batter into prepared pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all topping ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter in pan. Bake coffee cake at 350F 35-40 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick tests done. Cool on a wire cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk powdered sugar, vanilla, and just enough half-and-half to make a drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over cooled coffee cake and let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!