Incredibly fudgy deep-dish mocha brownie pie is piled high with juicy homemade strawberry preserves for the BEST brownie dessert you could ever dream of!
Consider summah’s version of brownies officially HERE and ready for all your weekend needs.
Or 24/7 needs if we’re being real here. Yes, that includes breakfast. No, I’m not sorry.
For me, nothing screams summer much like a dessert covered in luscious strawberries. Enter, chocolate goodness x10000 + coffee and we are in dessert business.
Business that may or may not involve just shoving your face for approximately forever into a deep-dish mocha brownie pie with strawberry preserves shoved into every fudgy crack. ♥
Believe it or not, I actually enjoy brownies like 10x more if they’re baked in a cast iron vs a regular 9×13. It makes for BIG thick slices and you will be 1000% on board with that, trust me.
It’s pretty much just brownie 101 here as far as the batter goes, only we’re throwing some instant espresso in the batter to give it that subtle coffee kick that compliments chocolate SO incredibly well. These brownies bake up incredibly moist and fudgy with that signature crackly sugar top that we all love about brownies.
And while the brownies bake…..it’s time to take things up a notch in summer eats and make some bomb strawberry preserves. Trust me, they are the EASIEST and you can cook them up in minutes on the stove. Good luck not eating it straight from the pan with a spoon.
Any strawberry preserve leftovers that remain….PLEASE drape them in excess amounts over all of this deep-dish mocha brownie pie goodness, please. The fresh tang of the strawberries is seriously the most wonderful thing with the dark fudgy chocolate.
Big slices required of this, guys. You know the drill.
Deep-Dish Mocha Brownie Pie with Strawberry Preserves
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso, mixed with 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9-in pie plate or skillet. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and chocolate until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, espresso, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Whisk in melted chocolate mixture until smooth. Slowly fold in flour and salt until batter is just combined.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake brownies at 350F 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs sticking to it. Cool brownie pie completely in pan on a wire cooling rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to a low simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer sauce, stirring occasionally until sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Slice brownie pie and serve with strawberry preserves. Enjoy!