Make your pies the EASY way for a crowd this holiday season with this ridiculously addicting maple pecan slab pie! The flaky pie crust and maple pecan filling is an instant crowd pleaser.
Happy Thanksgiving week! Let me officially welcome you to the most indulgent/overeating/greatest week in food land.
Just in case you need something sugary to get your food coma off to a good start…..can I interest you in helping me demolish a whole pan of maple pecan slab pie?
Pecan pie is a really big freaking deal in my family on Thanksgiving and yes, it is indeed more loved than pumpkin pie on the holiday that is literally made for pumpkin pie.
Not quite sure where I stand on that since I happen to be more of an apple pie girl myself, BUT….this maple pecan slab pie? It’s about 10x easier than standard pie, makes a ton in a single sheet pan, and I think I can wrap my head around that.
Standard pie crust is the base here and honestly, if you’re feeling it, you can go the store-bought route. I get it, Thanksgiving week is crazy and I highly encourage cutting corners where ya can. It’s the holiday of both food AND family time, right?
The filling is literally gold. Like seriously, the pecans get SUPER crunchy as they bake and they’re sitting on top of a custardy spiced maple filling that is about the best thing you will ever repeatedly and furiously sink your teeth into.
Hellooooooo pie goals. On second thought I may skip the pumpkin pie this year.
Perhaps even the turkey altogether…..
Maple Pecan Slab Pie
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- Pie pastry for 1 (9 in) pie
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350F. Roll out pie pastry to fit a 9x13 sheet pan and press 1-in up edges. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, maple syrup, melted butter, salt, vanilla, and spices until smooth.
- Arrange pecan halves in bottom of pastry crust. Gently pour filling evenly over top.
- Bake maple pecan slab pie at 350F 30-35 minutes until crust is golden and middle is still slightly jiggly, but slightly firm as well. (if crust browns too quickly, cover edges with foil)
- Cool pie completely then slice into squares. Enjoy!
This recipe is brought to you by my recent collaboration with Florida Crystals Sugar! I used their raw cane sugar to bring you this recipe today! Florida Crystals Sugar is hosting a pretty sweet recipe challenge right now and I am honored to be able to participate! Check out their website for more details. xoxo