Packed with sweet tropical teriyaki flavors and made in less than an hour, this Hawaiian chicken teriyaki stir-fry will quickly become a permanent dinner item!
How about a mountain of sweet, sticky teriyaki chicken stir-fry to start your week off on a high note?
How about eating it straight outta the pan with an XXL spoon to start your week off on the HIGHEST note possible??
Yes, the stir-fry game is still strong around here. Seeing how this winner is joining about 45 million other equally amazing stir fry recipes.
If you love sweet-style stir fries with fruit in ’em, you’d better keep scrolling. This Hawaiian chicken teriyaki stir fry is gonna fit the bill.
As with most of the stir fry recipes around here, we start with sauteing the meat + veggies and then building the sauce right into the pan. For veggies, we’re sticking with easy for today and using carrots, sweet peppers, and onions. Save room in the vegetable crisper drawer for more important things like 430 avocados.
The sauce for this stir fry uses pineapple juice that we are going to reserve from the pineapple tidbits included in this recipe. It adds an extra little punch of sweet tropical flavor to the sauce that enhances the Hawaiian flavors. Make it more or less sweet based on your personal preferences!
I strongly suggest piles of inhumanly FLUFFY jasmine rice for piling this Hawaiian teriyaki chicken stir fry on top of if you’re not a fan of the whole eat-it-straight-outta-the-skillet kinda deal.
My pro advice? Do both.
Hawaiian Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and julienned
- 2 large sweet peppers, cored and diced into 1-in cubes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (15 oz) can pineapple tidbits, drained and juice reserved
- Hot rice for serving
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat oil until shimmery. Add chicken, onion, and carrots and saute 5 minutes until lightly browned. Add peppers and saute 5 additional minutes until peppers are slightly softened.
- Reduce heat to medium and add ginger and garlic. Saute 1 minute until fragrant. Add pineapple juice, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and cornstarch mixture and frequently stir until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Add pineapple tidbits.
- Serve stir-fry over hot rice and enjoy!
Leave a Reply