Flavorful sausage bits and cheese-filled tortellini join forces to make this ultimately cozy Italian-style sausage tortellini soup.—Only ONE pot needed and leftovers freeze amazingly!
Is it just me or did January literally last like 7 years? And even though February is technically the shortest month of the year, it always feels like the actual longest. ?
….Aaaaand if you’re anywhere cold, you get pelted with snow, rain, ice, all of the above. It goes without saying that soup is consumed in ridiculous amounts.
And if you nodded yes to any of the above, you clearly need a bowl of this one pot Italian sausage tortellini soup as badly as I do.
You know how you TECHNICALLY make it an entirely one pot meal? You eat it straight from the pot. And I would 12/10 recommend.
This Italian sausage tortellini soup is going to be your weeknight JAM. I’m willing to bet you have most, if not all of the ingredients in your house and literally, there’s nothing not to love about this bowl of comfort food.
You can use your favorite kind of sausage for this soup or honestly, if you don’t have sausage in the house, ground beef would work just fine too. Cheese-filled tortellini, however, is NOT optional. I personally like to use up leftover cooked tortellini in this soup for maximum ease.
I also like literal mountains of Parm cheese piled on my own personal bowl because it’s Italian night and you gotta cheese it up. Dem’s da rules.
Honestly, just a bowlful of hot, cozy comfort food to get you through February, friends. Any leftovers you have will also freeze like a DREAM if you wanna stock up the freezer with meals.
Ready to get through the worst month of winter with me? We GOT this.
One Pot Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 lb sausage, removed from casings
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (15 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups beef broth
- 8 oz cooked tortellini pasta
- 1/4 cup half and half cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan and minced parsley for topping
- In a dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat, brown sausage and onion until sausage is no longer pink. Add garlic and saute 1 minute until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to medium and add basil, oregano, and tomato paste. Cook 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add crushed tomatoes and beef broth.
- Bring soup to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce heat to medium low and let simmer 10-15 minutes. Add cooked tortellini and half and half cream stirring until combined. Season soup with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot with grated Parmesan and parsley on top. Enjoy!