Decadent chocolate pound cake is swirled with a luscious mint cheesecake filling for a perfect dessert duo of cheesecake and pound cake!
I’m positive I heard someone besides me say they needed a green-swirled pound cake for St. Patty’s day. Legitimate NEED.
And lookit this beauty of a chocolate mint cheesecake pound cake stepping up for duty. 😁😁
Yes, I said CHEESECAKE and POUND CAKE hanging out in one beautiful cake. Wrap your brain around it, then please join me in eating copious amounts of it.
We’re certainly no stranger to swirling cheesecake into our pound cake around here and I can, in very good conscious, recommend you do just that.
So basically we have two components to this mint cheesecake pound cake >>>
- Chocolate pound cake batter. Just ‘yer basic pound cake with melted semisweet chocolate + cocoa powder for maximum chocolate flavors. This cake is SO buttery and melt-in-your-mouth moist.
- Mint cheesecake filling. Cream cheese, mint extract, a little sugar, and a few drops of green food coloring (totally optional and only if ya want the green!)
- Layer ’em up! Pound cake batter + cheesecake filling + more pound cake batter + more cheesecake. The more layers da merrier. ♥
A little dusting of powdered sugar later….heck, yeah we’re eating cake for breakfast!!
And I’m personally eating cake ALL day on St. Patrick’s day, what of it?
Chocolate Mint Cheesecake Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled slightly
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- 2-3 drops green food coloring, optional
- Powdered sugar for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9-in loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside
- In a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until completely smooth and creamy. Beat in vanilla, melted chocolate, and and eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk. Slowly beat in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt until smooth. Set aside for a moment.
- In a medium bowl with a handheld electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add mint extract and food coloring (if using) and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Scrape half of pound cake batter into prepared pan. Drop half of cream cheese on top of pound cake batter by the tablespoon, then top with remaining pound cake batter. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture. Use a knife to gently swirl batter and cream cheese several times.
- Bake pound cake at 350F 55-60 minutes or until toothpick tests done. Let cake cool in pan 20 minutes then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Dust top of pound cake with powdered sugar and slice. Enjoy!