Impossibly soft from creamy ricotta cheese, packed with tangy lemon flavor, and studded with juicy raspberries, these lemon ricotta raspberry muffins will quickly become a brunch favorite!
Spring brunching in the form of screamin-with-spring batch of muffins is looking like a pretty good plan for the weekend.
The fluffiest, softest-ever raspberry muffins are begging for a place on your stay-at-home baking list. I made my quarantine baking list last week, have you yet?
It’s seriously SUCH a nice distraction from the stressful news right now AND gives you a chance to tackle baking projects you’ve always wanted to try but never had the time for.
My goal this weekend is to master those pesky 30-some layers in croissant dough. Send all the prayers ya got. 😬😬
Let’s chat about the current muffin OBSESSION. >> The muffins that have hands-down the most incredible texture I’ve had in forever.
Ricotta cheese comes in and definitely does it’s job right in supplying a melt-in-your-mouth soft and fluffy muffin texture.
Throw in a punch of lemon flavor and some juicy raspberries and I do believe we have a winner.
These lemon ricotta raspberry muffins are honestly such a nice change from your regular bakery muffins. Check out these specs.
They’re lighter on the sugar, but just sweet enough to be the perfect balance between sweet and tangy.
There’s no butter at all in these, just a 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 2 eggs, and 1 cup of ricotta cheese clocking in for the necessary fat.
Lemon juice + zest provide the incredible punch of lemon flavors that are perfectly complimented by juicy gems of fresh raspberries. << the BEST muffin combo you could ever dream of, trust me.
No glaze or crumb topping for these raspberry muffins. Trust me, you want them to shine in all their simplistic muffin glory. I usually dust these muffins with just a bit of powdered sugar at the end and call ’em perfection.
Honestly though, that TEXTURE. 👇👇 These muffins are an actual dream warm from the oven and honestly, I’d be surprised if they last much longer than that.
Here’s to spring baking, friends! Let’s make the most of this time at home. ♥
More muffin bakes you MUST add to your baking list! ♥
Lemon Ricotta Raspberry Muffins
- 2 cups, plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh (or unthawed frozen) raspberries
- Powdered sugar for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk ricotta cheese, sugar, honey, lemon juice, zest, eggs, oil, and milk. Gently fold flour mixture into liquid mixture until batter is just combined.
- In a small bowl, toss raspberries with remaining 1 tablespoon flour. Very gently fold raspberries into muffin batter.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full of batter. Garnish tops with additional raspberries if desired. Bake muffins at 425F 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 375F and bake an additional 15-20 minutes until muffins test done with a toothpick. Cool muffins completely on a wire cooling rack. Dust with powdered sugar if desired before serving. Enjoy!