Juicy fresh cherries, toasted pistachios, and a creamy greek yogurt dressing take this yogurt curry chicken salad to the next level! Serve it on a sandwich, wrap, or bed of greens.
Chicken salad unlocks a new level today. I’m so sorry but this greek yogurt curry chicken salad isn’t even close to the stuff your mom makes.
But it is so. freaking. good.
The juicy fresh cherries. The crunchy pistachios. The creamy yogurt curry dressing. Definitely not your mom’s recipe but holy smokes this salad, guys. 😍😍
Truthfully, I’m usually not one to go for the chicken salad. The heavy dressing and the soggy celery chunks just don’t do it for me.
THIS salad however is literally nothing like the stuff you see in the deli. Check out these revamps >>
- The dressing is light and creamy without a speck of mayo. Plus curry 😍
- We have sweetness from both the juicy cherries and the crunchy apple
- Our fantastic crunch comes from roast pistachios and celery
Let’s talk prep for this greek yogurt curry chicken salad. >>
Chicken is the first order of business. Leftover cooked chicken or storebought rotisserie chicken work like a dream here. It can either be cubed or shredded, totally your choice.
If you don’t have any cooked chicken on hand, I recommend oven-baking a few chicken breasts seasoned with salt and pepper for 20-25 minutes until chicken registers 165F. Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, dice it into 1-inch cubes.
Next up is yogurt curry dressing. SO simple, yet game-changing as far as flavors go.
Greek yogurt, a little olive oil, honey, lemon juice, and curry spices make up our dressing. Feel free to make the dressing several days in advance if you want a head start on prep.
The rest of the salad is going to consist of our cooked chicken, a diced apple + celery for crunch, pitted and halved fresh cherries, and a handful of roast pistachios.
Once the dressing is incorporated into the salad, make sure you taste to adjust the seasoning for more salt. This part’s fun. 😁
I love serving this gorgeous chicken salad on top of a bed of spring green mix for a light lunch or dinner but the sky’s limit for ways to eat this!
Put it in a tortilla, on a split roll or bun, in between a sandwich, straight from the mixing bowl…..
^^ that last option is gonna happen regardless sooo just roll with it.
Need more summer salads? These winners are your next must try!
Cherry Pistachio Greek Yogurt Curry Chicken Salad
Greek Yogurt Curry Dressing
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sweet curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh black cherries, pitted and diced into 1/2-in pieces
- 1/4 cup celery, diced into 1/2-in cubes
- 1/4 cup apple, diced into 1/2-in cubes
- 4 cups leftover cooked chicken breasts, cut into 1-in cubes (rotisserie chicken also works great!)
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, lightly toasted
- Sandwich buns, tortillas, or a green salad for serving
Greek Yogurt Curry Dressing
- In a medium bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Store in fridge until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Pour dressing over top and toss to coat. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve chicken salad on buns, in a wrap, or on top of a green salad. Enjoy!