Sweet maple syrup and warming chai spices are the perfect couple in this incredibly soft maple pumpkin bread that’s sure to become a favorite this fall!
Welcome to the momentous yearly occasion which is the FIRST loaf of pumpkin bread of the year!
Always an exciting day that typically ends with way too much pumpkin bread being consumed. It’s tradition!!
In years past, I’ve definitely jumped the gun on pumpkin season and pushed a loaf in your face in August. Sooo I’m doing pretty good waiting til September 10th this year. 😂
And is it ever a loaf of pumpkin bread worth WAITING FOR. We’re pulling in the mighty forces of chai + maple to take this fall goodness up a notch.
The result? A moist + soft as heck loaf of pumpkin bread just brimming with warm chai spices and sweet, flavorful maple syrup.
It would almost be a crime to have your cup of morning coffee/tea WITHOUT a thick slice of this maple pumpkin bread masterpiece.
Let’s walk through baking this chai spice maple pumpkin bread!
It’s really just quick bread 101 here for whipping up the pumpkin batter. >>
- We’ve got a whole heaping cup pumpkin puree + 1/3 cup Greek yogurt that contribute to most of this bread’s fantastic soft texture Then just typical quick bread things like melted butter, eggs, etc.
- Light brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, and a homemade chai spice mix are where we’re getting our killer fall flavors from. The result is one perfectly sweet ‘n’ spiced loaf.
- From there it’s just typical dry ingredients including flour, baking soda + powder, + a pinch of salt.
The batter for this pumpkin bread LITERALLY mixes up in about 5 minutes it’s so simple. Get ready to swoon from the amazing fall smells while it bakes….
Speaking of glaze (we weren’t, but hey, now that ya mention it….) The glaze for this pumpkin bread is going to consist of powdered sugar, a little more maple syrup, and a few splashes of milk.
You’re going to have quite a bit of glaze, but that’s cool cause we’re drizzling ALL of it in totally unnecessary amounts all over this gorgeous loaf.
I mean, LOOK at that glorious stack up there. ^^ the fall treats temptation is really freaking real.
Best of luck not consuming half of this loaf within minutes. And if you don’t weeeell….send me over some of that willpower. 😂
Check out these other incredible pumpkin bread recipes next!
Chai Spice Maple Pumpkin Bread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper, letting it hang over the sides. Set aside.
- In a large bowl. whisk melted butter, pumpkin, yogurt, eggs, sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices. Fold flour mixture into liquid until batter is just combined. Scrape batter into prepared pan and gently smooth top.
- Bake bread at 350F 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool bread completely on a wire cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk powdered sugar, syrup, and just enough milk to give glaze drizzling consistency. Pour glaze over pumpkin bread and let stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!