This Mediterranean baked feta pizza is a spin off of the viral TikTok pasta and loaded with artichoke hearts, olives, and the classic feta tomato sauce!
C’mon you knew it was only a matter of time before we hopped back on the baked feta train!
Only this time we’re cutting pasta from the picture and doing it PIZZA STYLE.
Yes, I’m so serious. We’re making the classic baked feta sauce and piling it on top of a pizza along with tons of Mediterranean veggie goodness.
Honestly a dream. We might legitimately love this pizza more than the original pasta that started it all.
One of our favorite take ‘n’ bake pizzas from Papa Murphy’s happens to be the Mediterranean pizza and this beauty today is VERY similar to it!
Only with the added addition of like 5x more feta which I promise you’re not gonna hate.
This Mediterranean Baked Feta Pizza features…
- A picture-perfect crisp, fluffy pizza crust.
- The classic baked feta with bursting tomatoes smashed into a pizza sauce.
- Artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, and roasted red peppers making up the toppings.
- Lots of fresh basil sprinkled on top of the pizza moments after it’s pulled out of the oven.
Making the Baked Feta Pizza
(scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe!)
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Cheese – you’ll need an 8 oz brick of feta and shredded low-moisture mozzarella cheese.
- Cherry Tomatoes – you can also use grape tomatoes or another small tomato. You will only need 1 pint of tomatoes, rather than the two we use in the original pasta recipe since we want the sauce a little less juicy.
- Aromatics – whole garlic cloves and a bit of minced shallot.
- Olive Oil – I recommend using a high quality extra-virgin if you have it on hand!
- Toppings – we’re using the classic Mediterranean trio of artichoke hearts, Kalamata olives, and roasted red peppers.
- Fresh Basil – it’s the last ingredient going on the pizza and it adds such a nice little herby kick!
- Pizza Dough – you can use your own recipe, use premade pizza dough, or make my recipe! (more on that below)
If you choose to make my recipe, firstly YAY! You’re going to love the texture and flavor of this pizza crust – it’s always our go-to!
Second, the pizza dough is made up of only 4 ingredients! (not counting water) Bread flour, instant yeast, salt, olive oil, and water.
Third, plan ahead because the dough does require a 3-4 hour rise. Optionally, you can also let it rise in the fridge at least 24 hours or up to 72.
Tips for Baking Pizza
I always, always recommend baking pizza on a pizza stone if you have it! It gives you a perfectly crisp on the outside, fluffy + chewy on the inside texture.
Make sure you preheat your pizza stone in the hot 500F oven for at LEAST an hour. You want it ripping hot when you go to bake the pizza.
If you don’t have a pizza stone, no worries! You can still make this pizza using a large baking sheet.
Just like with the stone, make sure your oven has been preheating for at least an hour at 500F before baking the pizza (no preheating the pan – you’ll build the pizza directly in the pan)
HOLY SMOKES this pizza y’all! It’s just bursting with fresh Mediterranean flavors, yet incredibly rich from the creamy feta sauce.
We always demolish this pizza in only one sitting because it’s just THAT good. Huge slices, you betcha!
If you were a fan of the pasta, you haven’t lived til you’ve tried this pizza!!
If you love feta, you’ll love these similar recipes!
- Baked Feta Pasta
- Spinach Artichoke Feta Stuffed Sweet Peppers
- Skillet Creamy Spinach Feta Stuffed Chicken
Watch this pizza made step-by-step on Google web stories!
Mediterranean Baked Feta Pizza
Pizza Dough (alternatively, you can use a premade dough*)
- 1-1/4 cups bread flour (175 grams) I recommend weighing the flour for better accuracy
- 1/2 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup warm water (110F)
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
Baked Feta + Toppings
- 1 pt cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 medium whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8 oz) brick feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup halved Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup jarred artichoke hearts, roughly chopped and patted dry
- 1/4 cup jarred roasted red peppers, thinly sliced into strips
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast, and salt. Drizzle water and 1/2 teaspoon olive oil over top and stir with a wooden spoon until dough comes together and no streaks of flour remain. Cover with plastic wrap and let dough rest 15 minutes.
- Remove dough from bowl and turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough 3-5 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place into a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top and cover with plastic wrap and let rise 3-4 hours at room temperature until doubled in size (or 24-72 hours in the fridge – if you choose to chill the dough, let it come to room temperature 45 minutes before rolling out)
Baked Feta + Toppings
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a 8×8 baking dish, toss tomatoes, shallot, and garlic with olive oil until evenly coated. Form a space in the center of pan and place feta in the center. Turn the feta to evenly coat in olive oil. Top with red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Place feta on middle rack of oven. If you have a pizza stone, place on bottom rack to begin preheating. Bake feta at 400F 35-40 minutes until tomatoes are bursting and feta is a deep golden brown. Remove feta from oven, increase oven temperature to 500F and transfer pizza stone to middle rack. Use a spoon to mash feta, tomatoes, and garlic until a semi-chunky sauce forms.
- If using pizza stone method, lightly dust a pizza peel with cornmeal. If not using stone, lightly grease a large baking sheet with olive oil (even if you're not using a stone, preheat your oven per recipe instructions above)
- Punch risen pizza dough down and turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll pizza dough out to a 10-12 inch circle. Transfer to pizza peel or prepared baking sheet.
- Evenly spread about 3/4 cup mashed feta mixture on top of crust (save any remaining feta for another use) Top with mozzarella cheese, olives, artichokes, and roasted red peppers. If using pizza stone, carefully transfer pizza from the peel to the stone. If using baking sheet, place sheet in oven.
- Bake pizza at 500F 10-12 minutes, rotating once halfway through baking, until crust and cheese is a deep golden brown. Sprinkle pizza with fresh basil and let stand 3-5 minutes before slicing into wedges and serving hot. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply