Blackened chicken tacos feature a homemade blackened seasoning mix coating juicy chicken and a fresh spicy peach salsa on top.
It wouldn’t be summer if you weren’t piling ALL the summer goods into taco form!
And accidentally eating all the fresh peach salsa with a spoon before it even reaches the actual taco, whoops.
Bottom line: if you haven’t made a summer taco yet, now is a good time to start. You really can’t go wrong with these bad boys.
These Blackened Chicken Tacos feature…
- Smoky, flavorful blackened chicken sliced into thin, juicy strips
- A slightly spicy fresh peach salsa
- Soft corn or flour tortillas for building your tacos
Making the Blackened Chicken Tacos
(scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe!)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Spices for seasoning mix
- Red onion
- Lime juice
Methods for Cooking Chicken
- Grill – this is what we highly recommend! It adds a smoky char to the chicken that’s incredible with the sweet peach salsa.
- Pan sear – if you don’t have access to a grill, this is going to be your backup plan. Sear chicken in an oven-safe skillet in a little olive oil + butter, then finish it off in the oven until chicken registers 165F.
For both methods of cooking, it’s important you let the chicken rest 10 minutes before slicing into thin strips. This helps the juices stay locked inside!
Tips for Perfect Tacos
- Generously rub chicken with seasoning mix – use ALL of the seasoning mix on the chicken. This is where a lot of the flavor comes from.
- Make peach salsa ahead of time – the longer the salsa can sit, the better the flavors will be! We typically make it the night before easy taco prep the next day.
- Allow chicken to rest after grilling – as mentioned above, this helps the chicken stay juicy.
- Warm tortillas before filling – you can warm them in the microwave or lightly toast them on the stove for a little extra flavor.
- Serve tacos with extra cilantro + lime wedges – a necessity for tacos!
Make Ahead Options
- Make the seasoning mix and store sealed at room temperature up to 1 month.
- Prep the peach salsa and store sealed in fridge up to 2 days in advance.
- When ready to serve tacos, grill the chicken, warm tortillas, and assemble tacos.
What to Serve with Tacos
We highly recommend serving tortilla chips on the side of these tacos for any extra peach salsa!
And hopefully it goes without saying, a margarita or a corona with lime would be welcome beverage additions alongside these tacos!
I’m telling ya, the juicy sweet peaches paired with a little punch of heat and the juicy, smoky chicken is just heaven in a taco.
It would almost be a crime to not have the full suggested serving size of these which is three beautifully loaded tacos.
Moral of the story is that your next taco night is going to rock everyone’s socks off.
Watch these tacos made step-by-step on Google Web Stories!
More loaded tacos for you to try next time!
Blackened Chicken Tacos with Peach Salsa
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 3 medium ripe peaches, pitted, peeled, and cut into 1/2-in cubes
- 1 medium tomato, cored and cut into 1/2-in cubes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 medium jalapeno, cored, seeded, and finely minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Warmed corn or flour tortillas for serving
- Fresh cilantro and lime wedges for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine all salsa ingredients. Season salsa with salt and pepper to taste. Store salsa in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, combine all spices. Rub spice mixture evenly all over chicken breasts.
- Grill chicken over medium-high heat, turning occasionally until chicken registers 165F.
- Cool chicken 10 minutes, then thinly slice into strips. Keep chicken warm until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, heap chicken into warmed tortillas and top with peach salsa. Garnish tacos with additional cilantro and squeeze lime wedges over top if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!