These no bake pumpkin energy bites are loaded with pumpkin goodness, crunchy nuts, and plenty of chocolate. – they come together in minutes, pack an incredible energy boost, and are the best fall snack to stock your fridge with!
Energy bites ft. fall! These little bites are about to completely take over your snack game this fall.
No, there’s zero baking involved. Yes, there’s plenty of chocolate included.
We’re all about the easy snacks around here and these energy bites just fit the bill. They’re SO quick to come together and definitely fill their role of providing an energy boost.
Really, it’s almost insane how easy these pumpkin bites are to pull off. I’m talking handful of ingredients to make, almost no dishes involved, and only minutes to pull together.
Sooo…give me one good reason why these shouldn’t be in your snack arsenal daily??
These Pumpkin Energy Bites feature…
- A soft, hearty cookie dough-like texture
- Plenty of REAL pumpkin + spice goodness
- Crunchy nuts and rich chocolate chunks
- Only minutes to make and easy to stock in your fridge or freezer.
Making the Pumpkin Energy Bites
(scroll down to the bottom of post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Old-fashioned rolled oats
- Almond butter
- Protein powder
- Pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Vanilla extract
Choosing your Oats
We recommend old-fashioned rolled oats for this recipe as we think their hearty texture makes for an ideal energy bite texture.
If you don’t have old-fashioned rolled oats on hand, quick-cooking will definitely work in a pinch! Skip the first step of grinding the oats in the food processor and instead process all the ingredients together.
Tips for Perfect Energy Bites
- Use a food processor – a blender will work in a pinch, but we’ve found a food processor is easiest for breaking down the oats and other ingredients.
- Process dough – all the other ingredients (except the chocolate and nuts) get processed until a soft dough forms. Scrape down the sides with a spatula as necessary.
- Fold in chocolate and nuts – transfer the dough to a bowl and fold in chocolate and nuts until dough is combined.
- Scoop dough into balls – we typically go for cookie dough-sized balls here (around 1 inch)
- Chill energy bites – stick the energy bites in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up a bit before enjoying. For best results, store bites in the refrigerator.
There’s so many ways to make these energy bites your own! A few of our suggestions…
- Use a different chocolate – dark, semisweet, milk, anything goes here!
- Skip the nuts – you can also sub any nut for the pecans or if you don’t enjoy nuts, just skip them!
- Add more seeds – chia seeds would be a great replacement for the flaxseeds or just use them both.
- Use a different sweetener – maple syrup, agave nectar, or another liquid sweetener would be great replacements for the honey.
Storing and Freezing Energy Bites
Energy bites may be stored in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week (if they last that long!)
You can also freeze these energy bites for up to 2 months. Thaw energy bites in refrigerator before enjoying.
It’s just pure fall goodness all wrapped up into one bite! These bites are extra pumpkin-y, loaded with just the right amount of chew + crunch, with just a little richness from the chocolate.
Plus they DEFINITELY do their job in quelling off that mid-afternoon hunger!
If you have any luck eating less than 3 of these in one sitting, PLEASE help a girl out and share your self-control secrets.
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven
Watch these energy bites made step-by-step on Google web stories!
More pumpkin goods for you to try next!
No Bake Pumpkin Energy Bites
- 1-1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon protein powder (optional)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey (or agave nectar or maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped white chocolate (semisweet, dark or milk chocolate all work too)
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped pecans (or nut of your choice)
- Place oats in food processor and pulse several times until finely chopped and almost powder-like.
- Add flaxseeds, protein powder if using, pumpkin pie spice, salt, honey, pumpkin, almond butter, and vanilla extract to food processor and process until mixture begins to turn into a dough and is evenly incorporated, scraping down sides as necessary.
- Scrape dough into a large bowl and fold in chocolate and pecans. Use a cookie scoop to scoop dough into 1-in balls and place balls on a medium parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Chill energy bites in refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Transfer from sheet pan to an airtight container to store in fridge. Enjoy!