This fresh, fruity sangria will make any weekend a party! Perfectly fizzy and bubbly with plenty of juicy peaches and strawberries.
Sometimes you just need a little sangria in your life. Especially if it’s a Friday.
Fresh, fruity, bubbly sangria. ahh! YES.
We’re starting the weekend off right FO SURE.
So strawberries and peaches. They’re kinda a match made in fruity heaven. And they definitely both speak SUMMER which you should know by now, I’m still desperately clinging to.
And perfect timing too! Williams-Sonoma contacted me a few weeks ago and asked me to join a group of bloggers in sharing a sangria recipe showcasing summers fresh fruits. Well, you definitely don’t have to twist my arm….
Instantly my mind went to strawberries and peaches. Obv, since we just determined about that they’re pretty much the best summer combo ever.
I don’t care that strawberries and peaches are soon going to be distant summer memories: I’m still eating the heck outta both of them while I still can. 🙂
And drinking them in my cocktails, obv. 😀
So my family has this tradition of Friday nights being cocktail night. My mom will either go out and buy some fruity drinks OR she’ll get me the ingredients so I can make our own.
Everyone gave this fun sangria two thumbs up. And then pooled in their requests for MORE sangria twists with different fruit.
Definitely no prob there. It AMAZED me how simple (and so much cheaper!) it was to have sangria at home, rather than spending the big bucks at a bar for just one glass.
This sangria gets a lovely fizzy flavor from sparkling water which tames the white wine into a smooth bubbly drink. A simple peach/strawberry fruit syrup brightens up the whole thing….
Then…comes the game-changer.
The explosion of flavors…
The fruit, guys. The FRUIT.
It’s not a real sangria without FRESH fruit, soooo let’s throw in some more peaches and strawberries into the mix, shall we?
I mean, whoa. It’s amazing how fruit can transform something.
It’s the weekend, yes? Fill ‘er up and DRINK ‘er up.
Oh why not pour yourself another glass? This has been a longgggg week…
- SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 5 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches, divided
- 5 cups halved fresh strawberries, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup xylitol (or sugar)
- 1-1/2 cups white wine
- 1-1/2 cups sparkling water
- Make the simple syrup: Place 4 cups peaches, 4 cups strawberries, water, and xylitol (or sugar) in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until fruit is broken down and soft. Remove from heat and cool.
- Press mixture, a little at a time through a mesh sieve, discarding solids (or saving for another use) Transfer remaining juice to a serving pitcher. Stir in wine, sparkling water, and remaining 1 cup peaches and 1 cup strawberries. Chill sangria in refrigerator until cold.
NOTE: If you wish to make this sangria completely fresh and no-cook, feel free to use freshly squeezed juice in the place of the simple syrup. (if you’re looking for a great juicer, check out these awesome ones) Simply omit the simple syrup and use 2 cups of fresh juice instead.
Try my other summery sippers next!
Disclosure: This was not a sponsored post. I merely participated in this blogging activity for fun.