These flavorful grilled veggies are loaded with so much healthy summer veggie goodness and plenty of sausage to satisfy both meat-lovers and veggie-lovers!
It’s a veggie Thursday. Keepin’ with the theme from Tuesday, yo!
- They’re grilled. HELLO, it is unbearably hot and humid here and I have officially put my oven in a timeout ’til further notice.
- They use up all that summer produce that I sincerely hope we ALL have coming outta our ears by now.
- There’s a lot of healthy veggies BUT there’s also sausage thrown into the mix, for those meat-lovers we all have to put up with. (for a totally vegetarian version, feel free to just leave the sausage out!)
- Lastly. The colors. Really, how could you NOT want to eat something this color-loaded??
Actually I prefer faceplanting better to be completely honest….
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium summer squash, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 large sweet pepper, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 sausage links, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced oregano
- Combine veggies and sausage in a large resealable bag. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk all marinade ingredients until smooth. Pour into bag with veggie/sausage mixture, seal bag, and turn several times to coat veggies. Refrigerate veggies 1-2 hours.
- Once veggies have marinated, remove from the bag and discard the marinade. Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Place nonstick tin foil on heated grill and evenly spread veggies/sausage on top.
- Toss and stir veggies and sausage occasionally on grill until veggies are tender and browned, about 10 minutes. Serve veggies and sausage warm from the grill!