A triple-cheese delight, this pizza is 100% homemade with a super-easy crust recipe that doesn’t even require a mixer! Feel free to add your family’s favorite toppings!
I am about to give you my most treasured pizza recipe. THE best pizza I have ever had in my life.
My entire family is absolutely CRAZY about this pizza. I couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve made it. And I could swear that every time I make this pizza, it tastes better every time.
My favorite part? Not the cheese. Not the toppings. The crust. Even non-crust lovers will love this crust. It is amazing. And my whole family concurs. It’s thick, chewy, and has an impeccable homemade taste that beats any store-bought pizza crust by a mile. Not even a contest there.
I slightly adapted the crust recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction, I did tweak a few things: For instance I used white whole wheat flour, rather than all-purpose, just to make this pizza slightly healthier… I don’t know..can the words “healthy” and “pizza” really be in the same sentence?
The crust is unbelievably easy to make and doesn’t even require a mixer! 6 ingredients: Active dry yeast, warm water, olive oil, salt, coconut sugar, and flour.
Dissolve your yeast in water and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in the olive oil, salt, sugar, and flour until a ball of dough forms. Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead away until your dough is stretchy and pliable. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Allow to rise at room temperature 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until doubled in size.
Once dough is doubled, punch dough down and divide in half. Sprinkle two pieces of parchment paper with cornmeal and roll each half out into a 12-in circle. Grip edges of parchment paper and transfer crust to a baking sheet.
We can’t forget the 3 different kinds of cheese in this pizza…..mozzarella, Muenster Jack, and feta…Oh cheesy goodness…♥
If any of these kinds of cheese don’t float your boat, feel free to substitute for your favorites! The trio of mozzarella, jack, and feta just happens to be my favorite. 🙂
The toppings are also totally optional: You could make just a plain cheese pizza, or you could go crazy with the toppings like I do, and add sliced olives, ground beef, sliced peppers, ect.
I know your whole family will love this pizza. It is my most-requested dinner around here, and is one the menu at least every two weeks. Serve a salad on the side, just to make you feel a little less guilty after your *ahem* 3rd (or 4th…5th) piece.
3-Cheese Pizza (100% Made From Scratch)
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1-1/3 cups warm water 110F
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- Cornmeal for sprinkling
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup sliced black olives optional
- 1 lb ground beef browned (optional)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups montery jack cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Prepare the crust: In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand 5 minutes until foamy. Whisk in sugar, oil, and salt until smooth. Stir in flour until a ball of dough forms. Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Let rise at room temperature 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until doubled in size.
- Sprinkle two sheets of parchment paper with cornmeal. Punch dough down and divide into two portions. Place each portion on parchment paper and roll into a 12-in circle.
- Spread each crust circle with pizza sauce. Sprinkle with optional toppings and cheeses.
- Bake pizzas at 425F 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned and crust is golden. Cool pizza 5 minutes before serving.
Check out my other weeknight dinner recipes!
(Wow, I’m really nuts about cheese, huh?)
(Don’t judge it ’til you try it–these are my family’s favorite enchiladas)