Creamy homemade alfredo sauce, juicy chicken cubes, and flavorful roasted red peppers are the perfect trio in this alfredo roasted red pepper pizza! Top slices with lots of fresh basil for extra flavor.
Look, it’s the day after Christmas in the middle of the week and nobody has as clue what day it is or what they should be eating.
So I’m gonna go ahead and suggest pizza is the answer here. With lots of alfredo sauce, juicy chicken, and tender roasted red peppers, please and thanks.
Winning pizza trio for real. We’re obsessed.
This Chicken Alfredo Pizza features…
- A crisp and chewy pizza crust
- Rich and creamy homemade alfredo sauce
- Juicy chicken cubes, roasted red peppers, and fresh basil
- Easy to adapt to your personal preference and reheats perfectly
Making the Pizza
(scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Pizza dough
- Unsalted butter
- All-purpose flour
- 2% or skim milk
- Heavy whipping cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Roasted red peppers
Choosing Your Pizza Dough
This recipe works great with a variety of pizza crusts. You can use a pre-made dough, homemade dough, or a pre-formed crust. You will need enough dough for a 12-inch pizza crust.
Be aware that cook time may vary depending on the crust recipe you use. We start checking ours around the 15-minute mark, but always watch your pizza carefully throughout cook time to prevent overbaking.
Tips for Perfect Pizza
- Use a pizza stone – for a crispy, tender crust texture you can’t beat baking this pizza on a stone. However, if you don’t own a stone, a 12-inch pizza pan will work just fine.
- Top pizza with basil after baking – waiting until after baking to top pizza with basil will keep the basil fresh and flavorful.
Try these ideas for a different twist on this pizza.
- Swap out meats – pepperoni or browned sausage would be great in place of the chicken.
- Add more cheese – try adding Monterey jack cheese, cheddar, extra Parmesan, or asiago.
- Make it spicy – add jalapenos or a few shakes of red pepper flakes.
- Try a different herb – try fresh oregano or parsley in place of the basil.
- Use pre-made sauce – to speed along prep for this pizza you can use 1 cup alfredo sauce in place of the homemade sauce.
Storing and Reheating Pizza
This pizza stores well in refrigerator up to 6 days. We recommend reheating pizza in a 375F oven 10-15 minutes or in a 375F air fryer 6-8 minutes.
Your next pizza night is honestly incomplete without this winner on the menu! The homemade alfredo sauce adds an incredible creamy element that goes so well with the tender chicken cubes and soft roasted red peppers.
If you’re feeding a crew, do yourself a favor and double or triple this keeper recipe!
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
More pizza recipes to try next!
Chicken Alfredo Roasted Red Pepper Pizza
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- Pizza dough for 1 (12-inch) crust
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 2% or skim milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cubed or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup jarred roasted red peppers, cut into thin 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450F and adjust oven rack to middle. Place a pizza stone on oven rack to preheat (if you have one)
- Turn pizza dough onto a floured surface and roll into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a floured pizza peel if baking pizza on stone or to a greased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and flour and cook 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Slowly drizzle in milk and heavy cream, whisking constantly until smooth. Bring sauce to a low simmer and cook until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread alfredo sauce over pizza crust and top with mozzarella, chicken, and roasted red peppers.
- If baking pizza on stone, use the peel to slide pizza onto stone. If baking in pan, place pan in oven and bake pizza at 450F 20-25 minutes until pizza is a deep golden brown.
- Remove pizza from oven and top with fresh basil. Cut pizza into wedges and serve warm. Enjoy!